Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

The Challenge: All Stars | Season 3 Episode 3 - "Treehouse of Horror"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!

Here I am with a brand new The Challenge rant and this was an exciting one!

For once a lot of stuff happened in terms of people leaving, but also both the weekly challenge and the elimination were pretty exciting and sort of physical! Oh, and the preview for next week - can't wait to talk about that! But first, let's talk about this episode.

As I said, a lot of stuff happened with people leaving the show. First of, Tina left after the weekly challenge because she was injured, and then Jemmye left because something was wrong with her dad and she decided to leave. This was huge not only because it was two players leaving but also because, as the name of the episode sugests, this episode was a lot focused on the "Treehouse Alliance" - which was made of Tina, Jemmye, Kailah, Sylvia, Veronica and Derrick - and with Tina and Jemmye leaving, the alliance was slowly loosing members. On top of that, Veronica was the last place out of the girls in the daily challenge which meant that there was a possibility of them loosing another member.

In terms of the actual daily challenge, first of, I need to talk about the sabotages. There was this whole thing in the preview last week about Kendal wanting to sabotage a guy and... yes, she indeed sabotaged a guy - MJ! That really came out of nowhere and, not only because of that but also, made MJ loose the daily and go into elimination (alongside Veronica). As for who Yes decided to sabotage - it was pretty obvious, it was Wes.

Anyway, in the end The Authority was made of Brad, Derrick Jonna, Jordan, Kailah and Sylvia which... is sort of bittersweet. I don't really know how I feel about all this younger players running this new season. It's almost like Kendal said in the episode... This used to be a happy house where everyone was friends with eachother and this season there's a lot of drama and strategy. That does make for a better and more interesting season but... I don't know... I sort of liked the vibe of The Challenge: All Stars and how it felt different from the main season of The Challenge.

But back to the game... It's time for the Authority to pick two people to go against MJ and Veronica and, having in mind that there's three members of the Treehouse in the Authority, they basically ran this show, picking Kendal and Syrus. Choosing Syrus was interesting though because it was down that being the one that MJ wanted to go against but also because no one wanted to do what Wes wanted (which was to send in Yes) - which is funny to me.

As for the elimination... Well, yet again, there was no female elimination. Considering that two people had already left, they decided to not do it and, on top of that, we see in the preview that they will bring in another player so... I'm curious to see who it is. Luckily, there was a male elimination and it was a really close one. Of course I was rooting for MJ and he did win in the end but Syrus almost beat him and, as much as I think Syrus is a nice guy, I like MJ better and I'm happy that he's still in the competition. I would really like to see him and Jonna win again - that would be awesome!

And that's basically it. As I said, the preview showed that they're bringing a new female player and the first person that came to my mind was Laurel but... I don't know... I would love to see Jamie Chung back in the challenge though... She's a big actress now so I don't know if that would be possible but it would be awesome! Also, the preview showed a really cool weekly challenge and they said it's a pretty banger elimination with two big dogs and a match that we've been waiting for so... Maybe it's Wes and Jordan?! Who knows, but it looks like it's going to be an epic episode and I'm excited!

Anyway, let me know all your thoughts and predictions - who do you think is the girl that is coming in? Who do you think it's in that elimination? Tell me everything and I'll see you pretty soon with another rant!

Love,
Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment