Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2022

The Flash | Season 8 Episode 14 - "Funeral for a Friend"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!

I'm sorry I'm kind of late with this rant. I did plan on posting it the day after the episode aired but I had a lot on my plate when, honestly, when I didn't, I just felt like resting so... This took a while and I'm sorry for that. However, I do have some nice things to say about this episode!

As you could expect, after the events in the previous episode, this one was all dedicated to Frost. It actually got quite sad and I felt really sorry for basically all the characters! They did try to push some stuff that didn't really work for me, such as Allegra and Chester's relationship (which have been hinting at for so damn long) and how they were fighting because they were trying to mask their sadness... That was a bit much but everything else felt really believable to me - mostly Barry, Mark and obviously Caitlin.

There's a small villain that is introduced in this episode, but that's basically just to show that Team Flash is really struggling to the point that they can't focus and aren't able to work together and catch this new villain.

Something really touching about this episode was Barry's part on all of this - he decided to complete every item of Frost's bucket list which, for Barry, it was quite easy to do most of them. Still, it was interesting to see not only what she wanted to do but also Barry going through all of it as well as all the emotions.

Caitlin's part in the episode though was the hardest one to watch. They decided to use a Billie Eilish song during a montage of Caitlin just packing Frost's stuff and that was so sad! Also, Caitlin is refusing to go to Frost's funeral because that will make things more real and that was also so sad! Of course, in the end, she goes and gives a beautiful speech.

And lastly, the episode ends with a cliffhanger that it's not really a cliffhanger because I don't believe that will happen but, basically, Caitlin takes Mark to her apartment and tells him that she wants to bring Frost back to life! Oh, and there's also a little thing with Iris vanishing so... Now we have two things to deal with... Again!

As I said, this was a really touching episode and, because of that, I don't think they'll bring Frost back. They wouldn't have a whole episode dedicated to her to just bring her back two episodes later. What I do believe will happen is that Caitlin will get Frost's powers but either turn bad or get sick or something... Unfortunately, I think this is the end of Frost which is so sad! She was one of the few characters I still liked in the show... Oh well, at least Mark is still around - I really curious to see where they take his character.

Anyway, let me know what you think will happen to Caitlin and her plan to bring Frost back, and what do you think will happen to Iris and her storyline and I'll see you in my next rant (probably tomorrow)!

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment