Pages

Monday, March 29, 2021

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist | Season 2 Episode 7 - "Zoey's Extraordinary Memory"



Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello everyone!

Zoey is back which makes me so happy! Not only that but also the show is back to its old self which is also really nice! I don't know if you remember but I had a few issues with the last episode. Episode 6 was all about the Black Lives Matter movement and, again, don't get me wrong, I understand the importance of the movement and I know it's something that we as a society have to work on but, in this show, and in particular the way they approached it in the previous episode, it didn't sit well with me. I'm not going to get much into it because I said everything I wanted to say in my last post but not only the episode seemed a bit forced but they dragged Zoey's character. In the last episode every single of her friends made her feel like she was so annoying to them and yeah... Everyone was pretty mean to her, without a cause, I should say, and I did not enjoy that. However, they redeemed themselves in this episode, and that's what I liked the most about it.

As I said, this episode got back to the usual happy but still emotional tone of the show. Both main stories of the episode focused on that and, in the end, it gave me a really heartwarming feeling.

This whole episode revolved around a memory that Zoey had with her father - a stargazing/meteor shower that only happens every once in a while and Zoey wanted to recreate that memory now that the meteor was happening again. Unfortunately, her dad isn't around anymore so she decided to go by herself. I mean, what she actually wanted was to go with her friends but, because of everything that happened in the last episode, now she feels like she's a burden to them so she doesn't bother them with this. However, Leif and Tobin also want to go so they end up going together. Unfortunately, Zoey and Leif miss the meteor shower because Zoey hears Leif sing about a failed date with a girl, and that's what propels the whole episode.

Well, as per usual, Zoey wants to help everybody so she sets out to help Leif with his problem and after Leif confides that this girl left him hanging, she sets up another date between them in MaxiMo's opening.

Then there's this whole thing that Zoey wants to catch the meteor shower again but it's the opening of the restaurant and she wants to be there for her friends so it's a race against time and everything crumbles when, not only she finds out this girl is only using Leif in order to get a job at SPRQ POINT, but also she misses the meteor shower again and she really 'looses it' when she reads Danny Michael Davis speech and he talks about being at this meteor shower. And that's when her friends get back to normal and say that she can always count on them. That's what I wanted!! That last episode really felt out of character for basically everyone so it's nice to see things go back to normal. Needless to say that things end up fine and they all go see the stars no matter what (when I say all of them I mean Zoey, Leif, Max, Simon, Tobin and this other girl that I can't remember the name but it's one of those that work at SPRQ POINT as well).

The other story of the episode that was really cute as well as David wanting to join Aiden's band. Not only I loved that the played Watermelon Sugar, but I also loved that they gave something else to David besides the whole baby thing - can't wait to see more of him in this bad. And, because we're talking about songs I have to talk about the musical numbers in this episode. Overall I really liked all of them but besides Watermelon Sugar, loved when Leif sand Tainted Love and, my favorite (maybe biased) was Max and Mo singing Let's Get Loud - amazing!

And yeah, I guess that's basically it. There was also this whole triangle thing as well not only with Simon flirting with Zoey a lot (a bit out of nowhere) but also a new girl called Rose that it's clearly a «love interest» for Max, which I do not like. But let's see where this leads. In the meantime, let me know what you thought of the return of Zoey's Playlist and I'll see you later this week with a lot more rants!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment