Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2021

The Flash | Season 7 Episode 5 - "Fear Me"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello!!

So here we are with one more The Flash episode.

But today I bring you good news - this was actually a good episode!

This week's episode of The Flash had everything that I like - Killer Frost plot (which after that cliffhanger last week I couldn't wait to see more of it), a good villain, a nice tie-in to previous seasons (and ones that we don't talk about often) and, most of all, this was a Barry centered episode!! YEY!

You know how I feel about having Iris in the center of everything so it was nice to get back to what the show used to be - a show about The Flash  (aka Barry).

Okay so, I guess I can start with the first thing that I mentioned (which was also how they started the episode) - Frost and Caitlin being in separate bodies now.

To be honest, there's not really much to it. They explain fairly well how that happened (like, why it happened and why now) and then, in terms of story in the episode, it was just about how they could get them back together again but Frost not really wanting that and Caitlin missing Frost in her head and basically both wanting different things. Well, needless to say that in the end they worked things out and decided to stay separated. Which is really convenient for the story that they set up for Frost in the end of the episode - the FBI or whatever being after her and wanting to arrest her. I guess they will have to get back to work on that gadget to unite them again...

Anyway, that's it for the Frost/Caitlin story-line. Now, onto the main plot and this episode's villain (which Cisco ends up calling Psych).

I must say that I was thrilled with this villain/plot. This resembled a lot of horror movies (mainly Freddy Kruger, who they even mention in the episode) and so, being a horror fan, I loved it! Psych was genuinely scary and the way they edited his scenes was amazing! But ultimately this worked because it was a hard villain for Barry to beat which created a really good story-line. I wish they had chosen this villain as the season's villain but I guess that villain will be someone way more powerful because I guess it's that villain that is controlling all the 'little ones' that have come up so far - Fuerza (which was such a funny name that Cisco gave to that 'monster' that appeared last episode) and now Psych. We'll see who shows up next. But, back to Psych, turns out, Barry wasn't really the one that could beat him, Cecile was!! They have been setting up her for something bigger and really telling us over and over that her powers are growing and I guess they really are. In something really unexpected, they use DeVoe's chair (which I had completely forgotten about that villain and didn't even know they had his chair) with Cecile's powers in order to have the opposite effect Psych had on people and ultimately defeat him. I have to say that I was a bit bummed about the fact that we didn't see who was behind that mask, as well as the fact that I guess he was just energy created by this villain that we don't know about, but I liked the plot overall.

And yeah, I guess that was it for the episode. In the end they reveal that this villain might be another speed-force or, as I predict, is another type of force - all the other heroes/villains powers have to come from some place so I guess it's a telekinesis force or something?! I don't know, but I don't think it's another speed-force, it has to be some other type of force, but we'll see.

Next episode looks like it won't really move to plot forward but it looks really cool with Cisco and Chester travel back in time so... This should be fun!

Let me know what you thought of this episode (personally I think it flowed really well, not a lot of characters and it focused on the important ones so I'm happy) and tell me your predictions for who might be this season's villain. I'll see you tomorrow with new rants!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment