Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

The Flash | Season 7 Episode 4 - "Central City Strong"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello people.

Here we are, with the supposed season premiere. This was supposed to be Season 7's first episode and... It did feel like a Season starter. However, it was not a good one.

Just like last week episode, this was so lame and pretty boring, to be honest. There were a few things that were interesting and could turn into something good, but other things that just annoyed the heck out of me, one of them being the whole 'defeating the bad guy with love'.

I'm basically starting with the end but I need to talk about this. So you know like in last episode Iris 'defeated' Eva with her 'compassion'? Well, in this episode it was Barry that talked Abra Kadabra out of what he was about to do. And I get it - the writers are really leaning into the whole 'Barry is the Paragon of Love' thing but it's just not fun to watch! We want a superhero show that is entertaining and fun, and that means some fight sequences as well as some humor which Cisco usually gives us that but, in this week's episode, the humor wasn't the best either.

One thing that I did enjoy was the fact that they gave Iris some substance. That whole story last season, even though she was like pretty important, it just annoyed me so much. But, now, the PTSD story that makes sense for her character and, even though I'm not a big fan of hers nor I really care about what happens to her, I can see that this is a nice development and something that, most of all, makes sense. On that note, however, they are still pushing down our throats the whole WestAllen thing and I can't. I just can't. I have never shipped them and, in my honest opinion, I don't think they even have chemistry nor their personalities work but... Okay...

When it comes to the villain of the episode (Abra Kadabra) we already knew him (even though I did not remember him very well) and I did enjoy part of what he brought to this episode. For once the actor is pretty good so, there's that. But in terms of actual story, it made sense... Sort of. He basically wanted to destroy Central City to make Barry suffer for changing his fate when the Crisis happened and the multiverse ended. I liked that they brought that up (even though Superman & Lois are basically doing the same thing but okay...) and, most of all, I loved that Barry addressed Oliver's death and how much he misses him. That was something really sweet and I also miss Oliver and Barry and Oliver together. Their 'bromance' was my favorite!

So, Barry does stop Abra Kadabra, but right after that a monstrous being suddenly appears and attacks the Flash and kills Abra Kadabra (so much for redeeming his character). The being begins to squeeze the life out of the Flash and absorbing it (just like he did with the anti-matter bomb that Abra Kadabra made) but something spooks this monster and he runs away. 

The episode then ends with something really cool - Caitlin and Killer Frost being separated and both having their own bodies! That I was not expecting! So now I want to know more about that and just see them interact with each other.

And I guess that's it for this episode. After the last ones and last season, this was a bit lackluster but at least this gave us something that can potentially turn into something interesting so... Let's see. As always I have hope that this season will be good (at least, better than the last one) so... We'll see. Let me know what you thought of this episode, the proper Season Premiere, what you thought of the Abra Kadabra story and what do you think is that monster? Let me know everything and I'll see you tomorrow with a new rant!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment