Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

The Flash | Season 7 Episode 3 - "Mother"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello everyone!

Finally we are here with the "last" episode of The Flash of Season 6 - this was supposed to be the season finale last season and oh boy... This was not good.

Last episode was actually pretty nice and I guess it got my hopes up for this week's episode and I guess that backfired. I must say that I wasn't overly excited about this episode (I sort of lost hope on this season and this story) but I was indeed excited that we would be done with this Eva story-line. Unfortunately, it didn't end the best way.

Overall, this episode was pretty lame and, to be honest, it didn't make sense at all. We started right where the last one left of but instead of keep going with the "bad Barry" story-line, they got back to Barry worrying about Iris and not being able to do anything because he lost his speed. The speed part was interesting. I always thought the no speed story-line was interesting, but ultimately I knew we wouldn't stay long on that story because this is The Flash after all.

Anyway, so we are back to square one, basically, the only different thing is really that Iris is back from the mirror-verse and, again, unfortunately, she is the answer to everything wrong right now. We do get a bit more from the whole Wells being back thing and, to me, that was the best thing about the episode. Once again, unfortunately, he just stayed for a little bit and for something sort of pointless. Wells did remind Barry about him being the Paragon of Love which, to be completely honest, I had forgotten all about that story. I sort of wish he didn't though because, after that, Barry is with Iris and suddenly he feels a spark and then Iris wakes up and Barry realizes that Iris is the answer to him getting his speed back. That was the lamest way to fix all of this. But it doesn't end here.

After getting the speed force back and Barry getting his speed back as well, it was time to handle the whole Eva situation, who is now taking people into the mirror-verse and trying to take control over the "real world".

The initial way they tried to "take her down" was actually pretty cool - Barry, Frost and Cisco fighting Eva/multiple Eva's and the way the set up the scene, the music that they chose to put in the background gave the scene such a cool vibe (and I just wish Ralph was there, but that's a conversation for later). However, they weren't able to take Eva down just fighting her and so that's when Iris comes in to action and... I'm sorry, but just ruins the whole thing. Iris tries to take down Eva through her compassion and making her see that she is not making the world a better place which, it is true but... That's so lame! And it works! That's the worst part about the whole thing. And just like that, they're done with the season's villain and with that whole story-line. It was just bad. And on top of that, Harrison Wells doesn't even stay with the team! I was so sad about that and here I am wondering, once again, who Tom Cavanagh is going to play the rest of the season. Or is he not in the rest of the season? I hope not. Well, and here we are with the last "bad thing" about this episode - the whole Ralph and Sue story-line.

I must say that I was so surprised to find out that they were going to tackle that plot but, I guess they had to before going into the remaining of the season.

The thing is, they went with Ralph being burnt and "messed up" in order for him to have to wear some sort of helmet (Daft Punk style) and, because of this whole thing, poor Natalie Dreyfuss. I bet she won't be back for the remaining of the season. Her whole plot revolved around Ralph and, how they set it up with them going somewhere to take down Eva's company, I doubt she will be back. Not only they fired Hartley because of something so stupid (I mean, what he said is pretty bad, but I believe people shouldn't pay for something the said years ago) but Natalie was dragged with this whole thing and lost a pretty good role. I'm sure she can be back if the writers wish to but she would've been more central if it wasn't for this whole Hartley thing.

Anyway so this is it for the unofficial end of Season 6. Now, let's see if this season gets better. From the preview it looks like we will have some bad guys back from previous seasons, but it doesn't give any hints of who might be the big villain of the season.

Well, I guess that's it from me. Let me know what you thought of this episode, how they ended this Eva story and what are your predictions for the remaining of the season and I'll talk to you tomorrow with a new rant.

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment