Pages

Friday, October 21, 2016

Supernatural | Season 12 Episode 2 - "Mamma Mia"


Spoiler Alert!

Back with a Supernatural rant and with a better opinion about this episode.
That's right, this week's episode was bette than the last one, although, it still wasn't enough for me. I guess I'm used to Supernatural having like big plot twists and bigger storylines and this time, I haven't felt that.
I know that there's plenty of people that are enjoying this season so far and, don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it, I'm just not surprised or 'amazed' by the storyline so far. I mean, I know you can't really top a storyline with God and all but still... I'm waiting for that big plot twist that will make me fall in love wih this season.
Anyway, let's talk about the actual events that happened in this episode.
So, Toni keeps interrogating Sam. This time, making him hallucinate that he's having sex with her and all, something that happened in the first seconds of the episode and that got me really confused. I quickly thought about it being some type of hallucination and that Toni was messing with his mind so I wasn't really surprised when they showed us that it was really that what was happening.
Something that really surprised me was her asking him about Ruby. And then, they didn't touch that subject at all through out the whole episode so it got me wondering if we are going to have Ruby back or if she's important to this season's storyline because I can't see her relating to what it is happening at all!
Also in this episode Dean finally founds out where Toni is keeping Sam but let's just say that things don't work like it was supposed to.
So, Castiel finds the warded farm house, but he can't get inside because it's protected against angels (i think) so he has to ask Dean to get inside. Obviously, Mary doesn't stay behind. Not that Dean didn't want that but you see, Dean's stubbornness had to come from someone and guess who that someone is? Yes, that's right, his mum, so obviously she goes along with him, and thank god she does because right when Dean is about to find Sam, he gets trapped and Toni gets him and tortures him in front of Sam. That's when Mary comes in and fights with her, distracting her long enough for Dean to get free and knock Toni out. I got to say, that fight scene between Mary and Toni was one of the best scenes in that episode. Really liked to see Mary being so badass!
As they are about to leave, that's when Mick from the Men of Letters comes in, letting Castiel in as well, telling them that Toni went to far and that the Men of Letters want to work with hunters like the Winchesters to keep American safe.
Let's just say I don't really buy that, mostly because in the end of the episode, when Mick is talking with Toni he tells her that he has already sent for their torturer just in case so, I don't know what he's up to, I just know that it is nothing good.
Anyway, but since the Winchesters don't knoe anything they get back to their bunker 'happily ever after', and that's when we get better glimpse of Sam and Mary's relationship, which is so cute.
I got to say that I loved that last scene where they are all at the table eating and, although it isn' really Sam related, Mary gives Dean pie and he just starts eating it like... like Dean usually does and she says if he can't eat it quicker. It was just a really funny, yet beautiful scene. As well as the last scene when Sam gives Mary John's journal and they hug and it is just beautiful.
But, this episode wasn't just about Toni and the Winchesters. In this episode we got to see Lucifer back and with a new vessel! As well as Crowley working with Rowena to try and get Lucifer back in the cage, not working that well, as you can imagine, resulting in Crowley vanishing and Lucifer taking Rowena prisoner so, you know what that means right? Crowley turning to the Winchesters for help (I bet).
Anyway, so this is my thoughts about the episode.
It sure had it's moments, like the relationship between Sam and Mary as well as Dean and Mary, but overall wasn't an huge episode. I'm still waiting for that one.
Next weeks episode seems interesting. Looks like we are getting back to the brothers (and now Mary) going after monsters, which is always nice to see and now with the mum, it's going to be even more interesting.
Let me know your thoughts about the episode and tell me your predictions for the future episodes.
Love,
Daniela.




No comments:

Post a Comment