Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2016

The Flash | Season 3 Episode 3 - "Magenta"


Spoiler Alert!

Back with a The Flash rant and back to the roots, kind of.
In this episode we kind of got back to our usual the flash episodes, with a new meta in each episode, which is nice to have once in a while, but this time, still with that main villain behind it all, Alchemy.
Overall, I enjoyed the episode. It wasn't nothing major but there's something huge that I want to discuss with you in the end of this rant.
But first, let's talk about the storyline of this episode.
One of the main stories in this episode is Jesse and Wells, who are back from Earth-2 with a major new for our team flash - Jesse is a speedster.
We all knew that this was coming, since it was talked a lot between the fans last season both about Jesse and Wally becoming speedsters. So, we have already seen Wally as Kid Flash, even though it wasn't the 'real timeline', so we knew that Jesse Quick was about to happen and it was in this episode.
The second storyline in this episode is Magenta, who is actually Frankie. Frankie has a double personality and that's how she develops Magenta and, with Alchemy's help, she becomes a metahuman. So, as you can image, the whole episode was about Barry trying to stop Magenta and all. 
In the end, Barry gets to help Frankie and she suppresses Magenta. That's when she talks about the dreams that she started having about Magenta and we see Wally getting really concerned, because he's having similar dreams, which makes us, audience, think that Kid Flash may be happening soon in this timeline.
To end this rant, I have to talk, obviously, about the last seconds of the episode, which are always really exciting.
This time, we see Joe showing Barry and Julian the video of Edward Clariss aka The Rival being attacked by Alchemy in the prison cell that he was. And basically the episode ends like that. But, since I'm portuguese, my episode and subtitles and the person that subtitled the episode wrote something in the end, talking about Julian and Alchemy having both british accents which lead me to thing that Alchemy might be Julian. In my opinion, it would be really cool. I like Julian anyway, which is pretty odd, because I bet, if Julian wasn't portrayed by Tom Felton, I would never like him but Tom Felton just has some type of energy in him that makes me like Julian so, seeing him as a metahuman, and as the main villain would so cool to me (because I'm all about the villains, even though I love Barry).
And yeah, this are my thoughts.
Let me know in the comments what do you think about my Julian/Alchemy theory and I'll see you in a few hours with a brand new AHS rant.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment