Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Arrow | Season 5 Episode 2 - "The Recruits"


Spoiler Alert!

I promise you guys, it's the last rant of the day.
So, another episode of Arrow aired yesterday and, although it was good, I don't think it was as good as the first one.
I feel like this was exactly the opposite of The Flash. With The Flash I was expecting a lot more from the first episode so I didn't like it as much but I loved the second one, with Arrow I didn't really have much expectations from the first episode so I really enjoyed it, but this second one, not as good. It was still good but, since I was really exciting about the recruits and all, I thought it was going to be better. But, don't get me wrong, it was all about the recruits (or, at least, the most part it was) and I liked it, just not as much as I thought I would do.
Anyways so, as expected, in this episode Oliver 'trains' the recruits, with an exercise that he 'learned' at Bratva, and this is when I'm going to start talking about how good this year's flashbacks are. 
Yes people, I think, once again, the flashbacks are an huge part of the episode, because it makes us understand why Oliver is doing what he's doing and, just a side note, I got that what he wanted from the exercise the minute they started fighting like, it's obvious that to work well, you have to work as a team so, yeah, just thought I should share that.
Apart from that storyline, there was also another storyline with AmerTek and all the 'mayor stuff', which I'm not going to talk much because I didn't really like and, to be honest, I think it was a little bit pointless... Apart from the "Ragman", which I found pretty cool. So, it seems like Oliver now has a metahuman in his team.
And, of course, I have to talk about that archer that, once again, just appeared in the end of the episode. 
He calls himself "Prometheus". I'm still really confused about him and why he's so interested in Oliver and it seems like he wants to kill him. I don't know, I still think it might be Malcolm because he hasn't showed up yet and he's the only archer, besides Oliver, Speedy and Roy, that we know of so... Still think it is Malcolm.
Also, before I finish it, there was also this storyline with Diggle that, to be honest, although it was more interesting that the AmerTek one, I didn't find it that good either so... Overall, this episode was a bit disappointing. Hope the next one is better.
Let me know what your thoughts are about this episode and, also, tell me who do you think Prometheus is.
I'll see you tomorrow with a new series that I'm going to start reviewing (surprise).
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment