Pages

Friday, October 28, 2016

Arrow | Season 5 Episode 4 - "Penance"


Spoiler Alert!

New episode of Arrow and quite an exciting one!
With Arrow I never know what to expect, because sometimes the preview seems pretty exciting and then I get disappointed and other times I don't really expect much from the episodes and it surprises me so, it's always an adventure. And, with this episode I was kind of surprised, in a good way, although it wasn't like an huge episode.
There some few bits that I really enjoyed like the whole Diggle storyline and, again, the flashbacks (I never liked the flashbacks as much as I like them now).
But yeah, in this episode we are back to the Church storyline, for one part of the episode and, for the other part, like I said before, it's the Diggle storyline.
To be quite honest with you, I don't really like the Church storyline, overall. I don't really see him as a strong villain and, in terms of villains, I'm way more excited about Prometheus (who wasn't even mentioned in this episode, I might add).
But back to the storyline...
So, we beggin the episode with the new team capturing an associate of Church, just to get into a trap.
Basically, they get a device that they thought Church wanted but in fact, he really wanted the device to get into the SCPD evidence room so it would blow up and they could get in to get guns and stuff.
And, all of this happened in a bad timming because, while this was happening, Oliver was trying to get Diggle out of the military prison.
That part of the episode, just like I said, was my favourite.
I wasn't really happy with the story they were writting for Diggle but it seems like he's kind of back because, obviously, Oliver got him out of the prison and, to be honest, I think it's just a matter of time for him to re-join the team so, let's see...
Some other part of the episode, and other character that I'm starting to like is Rory (and in this episode, his whole 'thing' with Felicity). 
Out of all the new members, he's the only one that I really like (apart from Curtis, for me Curtis was part of the team for a long time so, he doesn't really count). Rory seems like a genuine kind and loveable guy so I'm liking him!
But, back to the Church storyline... A lot more happened, while Oliver was out.
So the team locates where Church is and what he's going to do so they decide to go after him, after all, this might be their only chance. But, as you can imagine, things don't really go well and Rene aka Wild Dog gets behind and Church gets him. He doesn't kill him but he takes him for 'interrogation' and that's basically how the episode ends.
I mean, Oliver gets back and finds out about all of this and says that they have to find Rene and that's when the episode ends.
Also, I just wanted to point out that the new DA, Adrian, the one in the banner, is really handsome and he's also a character that I'm starting to love. Just wanted to let you know that.
And, because I have to talk about the flashbacks, basically what happens is that Oliver has his third test to get into the Bratva and he ends it, finally becoming part of the Bratva 'family'.
Like I said, overall it was an interesting episode, with all the Diggle stuff and the new characters that I'm liking but, I just feel like the villain this season is a bit week. Please, let me know what you think, I wanna know if I'm the only one feeling this way.
Ok, I guess this is it for this rant. I'll see you tomorrow with a brand new Supernatural rant.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment