Pages

Friday, December 3, 2021

The Sinner | Season 4 Episode 8 - "Part VIII"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello!

Here we are with the last episode of The Sinner! And what a sad episode!

When I thought there wasn't really anything major to discover, they hit us with another death.

I'm just gonna go straight to the point. There was indeed more that the Muldoons were hiding. But before I keep going, I need to correct myself on one thing that I said in the last post. I said that we didn't know who Valerie was but we do - it's the boat that they burnt in one of the previous episodes. I don't know how that slipped my mind but yeah... I just wanted to correct that.

So, there was indeed something bigger behind what happened to Percy. Who she was looking for wasn't really important - it's what she did in Colin's boat. We really assumed that Colin was molesting her or something but, turns out, it was a fight between Sean and Colin with Bo, the Lam's oldest son. Yeah, I didn't even remember him but turns out, he wasn't back in China. What really happened to her was that, while in that fight, in trying to stop it, Percy shot a gun and ended up killing him. And to protect her family, Meg gave the Lam's a fishing permit, which was something that they needed and they accepted it in order to protect CJ's future. It all seems unbelievable, but if you really think about, parents want the best for their children so they would do anything to protect them and ensure their future, so that's what both Meg and the Lam's did. They didn't tell CJ what really happened to Bo though, so he only found out in this episode.

I should also say that it was Sean who broke. I guess we all knew he was going to be the on to come clean. Just like with Percy, it was killing him inside, so he just told everything to Harry and later to the police.

The episode actually ends with Harry piecing everything together - Percy killing Bo, the numerous ways she tried to cope with her guilt (first going to CJ to try to come clean, then getting involved with drugs, leaving the island but not really being able to because she was haunted by Bo's spirit who she kept seeing but also her family following her, then going to Em for some spiritual guidance), the thing with Em that was the only thing that sort of worked but made her discover another secret - the human trafficking - that we find out happened because the business was bad after they gave the permit to the Lams, Percy tries to go to the police but her family stop her once again and so she no other way to get rid of her guilt. 

It's a super sad episode, not only because of what happened to Bo but also everything that Percy went through all because of her family. I even saw a comment say that all of this happened because of Meg's pride and selfishness in keeping the business, which is kinda true. It's just a sad story. The only good thing coming out of this was Harry finally finding another way out of his own grief.

Because this is the series finale, there has been a lot of speculation about what really happened to Harry in the end, and a lot of people are saying that he jumped. Personally, I think he lived and I would even go as far as saying that maybe he stayed in the island? I don't know... That hug with Lou was really touching and maybe Harry could be a consultant and help Lou... I felt like Harry was enjoying the island so my theory is that he stayed on the island.

But I guess that's it from me in terms of The Sinner. I'm kinda sad that the series is over but they ended on a good note so... I'm happy with this ending. Let me know what you thought of the ending, as well as the season overall, and I'll see you in my next rant!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment