Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2021

The Challenge: Spies, Lies and Allies | Season 37 Episode 18 - "Night of Mistakes"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello people!

One more The Challenge rant and this was an exciting one! I have so many things to comment on and to predict so, let's get to it!

This episode sort of followed the same structure but backwards. We started with a double elimination, moved to some "drama" and then The Final! But rewinding to the beginning of the episode, we had an epic elimination! First of - the girls!!

TJ completely changed things up and now everyone picks one girl and no one is safe. Then, that girl picks her opponent. This first round (girls) was between Amanda and Tori, but it ended up being Amanda the chosen one. However, Tori went in anyway because Amanda picked her - without knowing the game. It ended up being physical, so she really made a mistake. I guess we can all agree that Amanda should've picked Nany. Not only I think Nany really doesn't deserve to be there but also she had the best chances of winning. And after seeing her put a fight against Tori, I'm 90% sure she would beat Nany. But no... Tori kicked her ass and Amanda went home. I can't say I'm sad with that because I'm not a fan of Amanda, but I gotta be honest - she wasn't as annoying this season, I'll give her that. Now, for the guys...

The guys round was really unfortunate. They did the same thing - voting and stuff - but there were more votes for different guys. But in the end, Emanuel was the one they picked and I felt really bad for him. He ad just won an elimination! Poor guy! At least, he made the apparent right choice and picked Devin. Unfortunately, the game wasn't the same as the one the girls did and this one was puzzles so... Really not smart choice. Emanuel actually was ahead of Devin in the beginning, but then he got stuck and Tori tried to help him and everyone started being against Tori and... I get it! She didn't want either of them to go home, so I get it. But one of them had to and it was Emanuel. Again, I felt like he shouldn't have been there but, at the same time, I also got into Devin this season so... I was happy with the outcome, I guess. And just like that, they're going to the final!

The first part of the final looked sort of easy - puzzle, run to the helicopter, jump into the water, swim, run up a mountain, another puzzle and the final twist - teams again!

I guess this first part of the final was mainly for that - for them to have a taste of the final and pick their new teams. And with this, the new teams look like this - Purple Team is Devin, CT, Tori and Emmy; Orange Team is Kyle, Nelson, Nany and Kaycee. Needless to say, I'm rooting for Orange purely for Kyle. Kyle really is the only person I'm actually rooting for. All the others are okay, apart from Nany - I really think she doesn't deserve to e there.

And with this, let's get to my predictions.

Based on the preview and based on my intuition, I actually thing the Orange Team will win this second leg of the final. The Purple Team does look more stacked, but that doesn't necessarily mean better, and you remember what happened when CT and Kam paired up? They didn't work well together. Plus, it looks like this second part will mainly be endurance and Devin isn't that good, while in the Orange Team it looks like they all are on the same level so, I really think Orange will win. And what happens then? Well, based on what TJ said, it looks like the losing Team will face each-other, like the two girls will fight each-other and the same for the guys (and if it goes as I'm thinking, it will be Tori vs Emmy and Devin vs CT). The good thing is, if Orange looses, Kyle has a shot at beating Nelson so... That's nice, I guess.

And from there on I think they're going to do what they usually do in finals - pairs, with them switching in between checkpoints and, in the end, it comes to time. I really hope it comes to time because, to me, that's way more interesting. But yeah, that's it for my predictions.

Let me know your predictions, as well as what you thought of this episode and who are you rooting for in this final and I'll talk to you soon.

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment