Pages

Friday, December 10, 2021

The Challenge: All Stars | Season 2 Episode 5 - "Old Tina Can't Come to the Phone"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello everyone!

So, one more The Challenge rant but, this time, the All Stars season.

Well, I maintain my opinion - the main series is better than this one. Maybe it's the fact that I'm not that attached to this players but I just know that I get way more invested in the main show. However, I do have to agree on something - the daily challenges here are way more interesting. But, on the flip side, the eliminations are crap! Not only people don't really try that hard (like it happened in this episode) but also they're just too easy and end pretty quickly. The eliminations on the main season are harder and more physical and, let's be honest, that is the main reason why we watch the show. But I'm over with my rant - let's talk about specifics.

As per usual, we get a bit of a backstory of a few people before the daily challenge, and this time we learned about Melinda and her miscarriage. Of course this was a set up for what was to come.

We also saw a bit more of those two alliances and what they were planning for the daily challenge.

In terms of the actual challenge, this was an individual one, which is what I prefer, and it actually looked pretty hard. To the point where Casey just gave up and Melinda had to quit because she wasn't feeling well. And because of that, I have a few thoughts. 1) I felt really bad for Melinda because she couldn't really do much and she ended up losing and going straight into elimination. And 2) Casey should have been the one going straight to elimination because she simply quit! And the worst part is that she wasn't even the house vote either! Don't get me wrong, I actually like Casey, but she gave up so she should have been the one down there. Instead, it was Melinda against Tina (for the girls).

As for the guys, Steve was disqualified because he didn't follow the rules, so he went straight into elimination and, in the end, after Darrell and Jodi (the winners of the challenge) picked their four nominees (Toni, Casey, Teck and Tyler) the house chose Teck to go against Steve. And, just like that, Nehemiah's alliance was basically all going against each-other.

When it comes to the elimination itself, there's something that bothered me.

The guys round was actually pretty good and even ended up being a bit physical when it didn't need to be and, in the end, Teck won which, I guess I was happy with. I wasn't necessarily rooting for any of them, but because Teck is the skinny dude, I tend to be rooting a little bit for the underdog and, in this case, it was Teck, so I guess I'm happy with the result. I'm also happy with the girls' result, but that was just a joke. Tina didn't even try and, although she had a fair explanation for why she didn't do it, I just hate when people don't play the game. I get it, you were become someone you didn't want to become but c'mon! You knew what you were getting yourself into when you accepted to go to the show! Also, you could have just faked it and give the win to Melinda anyway without just standing still in the middle of the arena. Anyway, that's just my opinion...

In the end, I guess I was happy with the results but again, this elimination was pretty meh and not exciting at all. Still waiting for a physical and exciting elimination.

But that's it from me. Let me know what are your thoughts on this season - do you prefer this one to the main one? Why or why not? Tell me everything and I'll see you in my next post!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment