Pages

Saturday, January 18, 2020

Supernatural | Season 15 Episode 9 - "The Trap"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!
Well, I'm sorry I'm posting this a day late but you know the drill. I was busy with something else... Anyway, that doesn't matter. What matters is that there's a new Supernatural episode and it was freaking amazing!
This episode of Supernatural was so much better than the end of Crisis. Not that I should comparing the two, but they are both series that I love deeply and Crisis was something that I was really looking forward to and, in the end, just one episode of Supernatural was better. But anyway, let's properly talk about the episode.
If you really think about it, this episode dragged a bit. The Chuck/Sam part of the episode, really didn't give us much, but still, it was so damn entertaining that we didn't feel like it was dragging. It's amazing, really! And starting with that story-line, it was revealed that Sam bringing Eileen back to life was Chuck's plan all along (what isn't? I mean, he's God, he's writing everything so I don't know why we didn't think that before). And then, the remaining of the episode, as far as that story-line go, it was just Chuck showing Sam what will happen if they defeat him, which obviously doesn't end well. There's actually a lot of interesting things in what Chuck shows Sam, one of them being that Sam and Dean end up turning into Vampires and killing Jody in the end. I mean, that's something that I really don't want to see in the end, like when the show ends, but wouldn't it be interesting if they were showing us how the series will end? That would be kind of cool, even if I don't like that ending. Also, seeing Dean as a Vampire was way too funny and I couldn't take him seriously.
At the same time Sam is seeing this, Dean and Castiel return to Purgatory in search of a Leviathan Blossom, which they learn sprouts when a Leviathan dies. And again, of course something has to happen and the two are ambushed by Leviathans working for a vengeful Eve. Still, in the end, they manage to 'win' and return with the blossom. Also, I think it's important to mention and Castiel and Dean finally make amends. It was a pretty touching scene, when Castiel just 'vanishes' and Dean wakes up and can't find him. Because of that, he prays to Castiel and apologizes for everything, and he even cries! It was really cute, and it was about time!
Back from Purgatory, Dean and Cas worry on the spell to defeat God but, when they arrive to the place where Chuck has Sam, Sam refuses to complete the spell, after seeing what might happen if they defeat Chuck and, because of that, Chuck regains his full power back and Sam's wound heals. In the end it is revealed that he wound was there because Sam still had hope, but after what Chuck showed him, he lost his hope and God became powerful again.
I felt really bad for Sam in that moment. Basically they «lost» because of him, but it was so nice to see Dean support Sam after that. And straight away they decided they had to come up with another plan and... That's when two of the most exciting things of the episode happen! One, Sam and Eileen finally kissed! Yes! I know Supernatural is not made of ships but I truly ship Sam and Eileen and I was so happy to see that finally happening. Sure, after that Eileen left, having doubts about what was real and what was not (about Sam's feelings, mainly) but still, it was such a nice moment and I hope Sam gets somehow a happy ending.
But then, something that I've been waiting for for so long happened - Jack! Yes, in the very end, in the Empty, Billie tells Jack that "its time" and the episode ends. It was just a few seconds but it got so hyped for the next episodes!
Next episode is going to be 'kind of' a filler one, but from the preview it looks like it's going to be a fun one, with Dean and Sam having 'normal people problems' and that sounds to me like a really funny episode, can't wait for that!
Well guys, this are my thoughts on the latest Supernatural episode. Let me know what you thought of everything that happened and I'll see you in my next rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment