Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Arrow | Season 8 Episode 9 - "Livin' in the Future"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
Here we are, with Arrow's second to last episode. I feel like I'm still not ready to talk about the ending of this show so let's just talk about this exact episode. At least, for now.
Well, first of all, you might be confused with the title of this one. So, originally, the episode was supposed to just be called "Green Arrow & The Canaries", but because they're turning this episode into an whole show, they wanted a 'proper' title for the episode thus "Livin' in the Future". Post that, yes, this is the start of a new show (that might or might not be picked up). I have some mixed feelings on this new show. I like the idea of a female centered show (that's why I wanted Wayward Sisters to be picked up) and I love that Dinah is a main character in this, but you all know how I feel about Mia and Kat McNamara. Love Kat, but don't think she's a good actress nor I stand Mia. And so, because of that, I'm on defense with this show. But it did look good from this first episode.
So, this episode follows a whole new timeline and a time period. Here we are in 2040, a different future (after the events of Crisis) where Mia is actually engaged to JJ. Weird, I know. Also, and maybe my favorite part of the episode, Dinah is living a completely different life, where she owns a bar and in which the first scene with her is her playing the piano and singing. You know I love Juliana is she sings all the time on her Instagram, and she's really good, I might add, so I completely loved this! Plus, in the comics, Dinah does sing (which she also does in the new Birds of Prey movie) so this makes it even better.
But the main character of this (at least, this episode) is really Laurel. She's the reason why the three reunite, when Helena Bertinelli's daughter, Bianca, is kidnapped and Laurel needs Dinah and Mia's help to find her. The issue is, Mia doesn't remember anything from before the Crisis, and so that's when Laurel uses a ring created by Cisco that recreates J'onn J'onzz's abilities and restores her memories. And after working some issues out, the three go after Trevor, Bianca's ex-boyfriend, who then basically reveals that he's working for someone else.
They didn't find Bianca but, later on, while Mia and William are talking, Mia recognizes the arrowhead that was given to William has the same tattoo on Trevor's hand. And that's when the episode comes to an end, with both of them being tranquilized, as well as someone breaking into JJ's house to restore is memories and make him remember that once he was the leader of the Deathstroke Gang.
I must say, I'm curious to see how this story-line goes so, for that, I want the spin-off to happen. But ultimately, I'm still unsure.
Let me know what you thought of this «pilot» for a new show and yeah... Next episode is the last one and I'm really not prepared.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment