Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Arrow | Season 8 Episode 8 - "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Four"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people! Happy New Year!
Yes, I'm back for a new year of reviews and we're starting of with a bang! (or not).
That's right, my first review is the ending of Crisis. This post will be dedicated to the Arrow episode and after this one I'll post the Legends one (even though they aired right after each other).
I'm going to start right away with saying that this wasn't exactly what I was expecting (although, this part was better than the last one, but I'll get into that in the next post). I liked the beginning of the episode. I liked how they showed that some time has passed and, for a moment, I really thought that Barry had vanished, like it was supposed to, but then he came back and that's also when Oliver, as Spectre, shows up and tells them the plan. I'm not going to get into it because, not only is really confusing, but not even myself understood it 100% so I'm just gonna say that they had to travel through the speed-force to where it all started and, of course, something had to go wrong. While in the speed-force, they are attacked by the Anti-Monitor and they get lost and it's up to Barry to find them. That's when the best thin about this episode happens - Ezra Miller! That's right, Ezra's Flash from the DCEU appears and our Barry and Ezra's Barry interact and, even though I'm not a big fan of Ezra, I was really fangirling at the fact that they were able to, not only do this, but keep this a secret! For sure, the best about this episode.
After that, Barry go get each of the Paragons and they all meet in the Anti-Monitor's world where, initially they fight more 'dementors' and then there's a fight between Oliver aka Spectre and the Anti-Monitor. And just like that, Oliver dies again. This time, for real.
This is a bit of a spoiler for the next post but needless to say that I was hopeful throughout the whole part five. There was just no way Oliver died, again, just like that. Yes, he was with Barry and Sara, but what about Diggle?! I mean, I really didn't like how Oliver died (again) and I'm still going to be waiting for him to make an appearance in the last episode of the show.
Well, in the end, they all see a new 'world' being formed and... That's how this part ends.
I have a ton more thoughts on the finale of the crossover so I'm not going to waste your time. Overall, this episode was fun, mainly because of Barry, but it felt a lot more like a The Flash episode than an Arrow one. And truth be told, I'm kind of afraid for the end of Arrow, but we'll see.
That's it for now and I'll see you in a few minutes with the final part of Crisis!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment