Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2021

The Flash | Season 8 Episode 4 - "Armageddon, Part 4"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello people!

One more episode of The Flash's crossover and, can you believe?! I actually really enjoyed this episode! I haven't been this excited about an episode of The Flash for so long so this was great! And you know why this episode was great? Because it focused on Barry and no one else! Of course there were other story-lines but, for the most part, it was about Barry and that's what the show should be most of the time!

Also, this was really a surprise because I caught myself rooting for someone that I used to despise - Damian Darhk! This episode also had a lot of Damian Darhk, but I'm not mad at that. It made sense with the story! And since we're talking about the story, let's get to the events of the episode.

This episode started right where the last one ended. Actually, it re-winded a bit and showed us the events before Barry arrives in the future. Most of it was just to set up characters and see where everyone is in this different timeline.

Then, we see a fight between Barry and Thawne (now the Flash), which ends with Thawne explaining what happened - in order to defeat the Flash, he went back in time and changed who is hit by lightning and who becomes the Flash. So in this new timeline Thawne is the Flash and Barry is the Reverse Flash. Everything is basically the same, even with Iris dating the Flash, who is now Thawne. It was super weird and creepy but also such a different and interesting dynamic. But this is not the end of what Thawne did - Thawne also went back in time and killed Barry as a baby, so Barry is running out of time before he is erased permanently from the timeline. It sort of doesn't make sense, to be honest, but let's just roll with it.

So Barry is lost and that's when he gets the idea, while watching the news, to reach out to Damian Darhk for help since, in this timeline, their partners in crime.

It worked in the beginning but, as you can imagine, Darhk figured out that Barry isn't really the Barry from this timeline and so he tries to kill him. That's when Barry let's him know about how Nora is alive in his timeline and so, in order to get his daughter back (even thought that means he will die) Damian Darhk agrees to help Barry create a portal to get back to his timeline and change things. That's when they realize that, in doing so, that's when Barry creates Armageddon, so they work on a plan so Barry has to reach the desired speed in a shorter time. It does work in the end, but from what I understood, Armageddon happens anyway, but because Thawne was running after Barry, so the both of them running is what created Armageddon. Smart!

Still, in the end, Barry is able to restore the timeline and yes, Joe is alive! Oh, and I completely forgot to mention - this was a proper crossover with Batwoman and Alex and Ryan Choi being actively part of the episode. But that's pretty much it.

Of course there's still one part and Thawne is going after Barry so...We'll what happens. Will this be the end of the Reverse Flash? I kind of was enjoying him right now so... I don't know how I feel about that, I just hope the next villain is a good one because I really feel like this will be the last The Flash episode. I might have enjoyed this episode and I liked a few so far this season, but I still think it's about time so I just hope they end with a bang.

Post that, let me know what you thought of this episode, how you feel about this crossover and what do you think will happen in the final part? Tell me everything and I'll see you in my next rant!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment