Pages

Friday, January 8, 2016

American Horror Story: Hotel | Season 5 Episode 11 - "Battle Royale"


Spoiler Alert!

Happy New Year everybody!
After beeing away from the blog for almost a month, I'm back and with a rant of an amazing American Horror Story episode!
This episode began almost like the previous one ended. We got to see how Liz and Iris got to their plan to kill The Countess and we see them, again, entering the room and shooting The Countess and Donovan. From the preview of this episode, I could tell that someone was going to die, and I was almost sure that it wasn't going to be The Countess so, it only could be Donovan, and I was right, unfortunately. To be honest, I was expecting for them to do something about him so he wouldn't die because I love Matt Bomer and I still had a little bit of hope he would develop a better relationship with Iris, but that didn't happen. 
Luckly, Iris and Liz got Donovan out of the Hotel before he died so he didn't get trapped in the Hotel, which is good.
The Countess was also shot, but she disappeared. It turned out that Sally saved her so The Countess would get John back and kill him. 
While Sally was taking care of The Countess, we got to see more of Sally's backstory, even though I think it doesn't really matter for the story. I mean, we saw how she met that 'white demon' but, apart from that, none of it was important for the storyline.
With no other plan, Iris and Liz decide to free Ramona so she would kill The Countess. But, when she goes to kill her, The Countess seduce her and they agree to have another round of sex and then Ramona kills her. We didn't really see what happened, because the next scene was just The Countess preparing to leave the Hotel, when she goes to step in to the elevator and John sees her and... kills her! Seriously, I wasn't expecting that at all! I kept thinking about who John was going to kill for the last commandment and I couldn't think of anyone. I saw some theories saying that he was going to kill himself but it turns out those theories were wrong.
Of course, John killed The Countess in the hotel, so she is going to stay there forever, as a ghost, just like Mr, March wanted, which is not the ideal plan but... It's already good.
And, well, the last scene is Mr. March and The Countess dinner, where he tells her that he can finally forgive her for turning him to the police. She tells him that it wasn't her and in that moment Hazel tells that it was her, because she loved (and still loves) him and wanted them to be together forever. I still had some hope Mr. March would say something meaningful and sweet but he banished from his presence and she just leaves, but not without saying some mean words to the Countess.
That's how the episode ended.
To me, this episode felt almost like the last episode of the season, because The Countess got killed, John commited his last murder... But we still have one more episode to come so, let's see how they're going to end this.
Tell me in the comments your thoughts about this episode and I'll see you in my next post.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment