Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Shadowhunters | Season 1 Episode 1 - "The Mortal Cup"


Spoiler Alert!

Hey guys! So, after your requests, I decided to start making rants about Shadowhunters. That, and because there's a huge controversy about the series, so I decided I should 'join' the debate and start writting about it.
I'm going to start off with saying that I quite liked this first episode! Judge me as much as you want to but I guite enjoyed it and I can see that the series is going to be good. But, again, I also quite enjoyed the movie so... Opinions.
So, about the actual episode... It is basically what I already 'knew' from watching the movie. It's Clary's 18th birthday and her mother is kidnapped. She then finds out about the 'shadowhunters' world and well... Basically all she want's is get her mother back but, we all know that the series isn't going to me all about that.
I'm really excited to see what they are going to do with the series, what is going to be the plot, since the movie seemed pretty 'simple' to me. I know a movie is a movie, and they had to rush things a bit, so that's why I'm excited to see what's going to happened from now on until the events that happen in the end of the movie. I also really want to see what's going to happen after, because, as a person that never read the books, I don't know anything about what happens after the first book, the book that was portrayed in the movie.
Not much happen in this first episode. First episodes are always like an introdution to the series and, in this case, to this world, and for someone that already watched the movie, it was pretty predictable. So, I wanna comment a little bit on the actors.
I have to say that, the main reason why I'm watching the series is because of Dominic Sherwood, who I really like and I've been liking him since Vampire Academy. Most people know him because of Taylor Swift's musicvideo 'Style', but I started liking him before that. I think he is perfect as Jace. Ok, Jamie was also really good, but I think Dominic is a great choice too so, I'm happy with that. 
About Clary... I didn't read the books, as I said before, so I don't know if she looks like she was portrayed in the book, so I would apreciate if you tell me which one, Katherine or Lily, looks more like the Clary in the book. Apart from that, I can say that she's really pretty, even though I agree with some people that say that she isn't a great actress.
All the other actors seem perfect for their roles! Really like Matthew as Alec (he's a hottie, btw) and Emeraude is also perfect, in my opinion, as Isabelle. Oh, and Alberto is just like how I pictured Simon so, perfect!
And, well, I guess that's basically it.
From now on you're also going to see rants from Shadowhunters here on the blog so, I hope you like it! And remember, if you have any more suggestions of shows I should rant about just leave them in the comments and I might start ranting about them! I'm actually thinking about start ranting about Legend's of Tomorrow so, if you would like to see that, tell me in the comments.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment