Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Supernatural | Season 14 Episode 18 - "Absence"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello!
I'm finally here to review one of the two Supernatural episodes that I still have to review.
It's crazy because the season is almost ending and I almost didn't get to watch the last episode live because how far behind I was, but hopefully, after this rant, I'll watch episode 19 and then tomorrow I can watch the Season Finale live (so don't forget to live tweet with me @danixinhahhh).
Anyway so, technically, I had already seen this episode when it first aired, the thing is, I was only able to watch some parts because my stream kept crashing because of how slow the internet connection was so I had to watch the whole thing again. The good thing is that I knew what happened and I knew the outcome of that cliffhanger in episode 17, which was huge.
They don't really waste any time and, since the very first minutes of the episode you understand that Jack did kill Mary. I can't say I was either shocked or sad because I wasn't. The truth is, Mary didn't really grow on me so I wasn't exactly sad of her dying, I was more sad to see Sam and Dean sad and even more about Jack. Jack was really the one I felt sorry for because you could see he was hurting (in a way).
Then, the whole episode is basically the brothers, as well as Jack, trying to bring Mary back. I'm actually happy she didn't come back. Sometimes, in this type of shows, you don't really feel the stakes because, at any moment, they can bring that character back or bring the same actor to play a similar character, so it's nice to see them stick with this death (this doesn't mean that she won't be back in the future, in some other form, but for now, I'm happy with this outcome).
I also like the fact that we had Rowena back in this episode (it's always nice to have her) and basically both Jack and the Winchesters were asking for her help. Jack ends up doing the spell to bring Mary back but it doesn't work and the only thing that he brings back is her body, since he basically exploded her and there was no body.
The good thing in this whole mess is what Castiel finds out after going to heaven and talking to Duma. Not only she tells him that Mary died a painless death (which is always nice) but she also showed Castiel Mary's own heaven and he saw how happy she was there, with John, which reassured Sam and Dean. Of course it doesn't make it okay not that they won't be sad, but at least they know she's happy and in a better place.
In the very end, the Winchesters and Castiel give Mary a hunter's funeral while Jack keeps hallucinating with Lucifer, who tells him that he can't trust Sam and Dean anymore.
It was a nice episode but, because I had kind of already seen it, this 'second watch' didn't really stuck with me so, I'm really excited to see the next one and, obviously, the Season Finale, because we are going to have God back (he might even be in episode 19, I don't know, but please, don't spoil it for me).
I'll see you guys in a few hours.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment