Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2019

The Flash | Season 5 Episode 19 - "Snow Pack"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys!
Finally, here I am with the last rant update that I owe you.
This episode was a mixed feeling for me. I thought it was great, but it had so much going on that, sometimes, it was a bit too much but, somehow, in the end, it all made sense.
The episode actually begins with a pretty surprising scene of Barry and Iris fighting over him sending Nora back without telling her. I didn't really mind that scene, to be honest, because I'm not a fan of West-Allen, and I also was on Barry's side but wow, it really was surprising!
Post that, Iris decides to go to 2049 to get Nora back, and that's when we see that Nora have been talking to Thawne and they introduce something really out there - a new Speed Force. I don't know about you but I thought that there was only one Speed Force and that that Speed Force was the origin for speed and all that jazz but, after all, there's a way to create your own Speed Force (kind of) and that's what Thawne let's Nora know and what he tries to get her there, to the Negative Speed Force. After a failed attempt to get into the Negative Speed Force, Nora and Thawne are confronted by Iris. Nora and Iris have a little argument and that's when Nora storms off and is able to get into the Negative Speed Force, due to the negative feelings. At the same time, Iris also gets back to the Present day, but not before she hears Thawne telling her to reunite her family.
Meanwhile, we see the return of Icicle, who steals a cryo-atomizer from Tannhauser Industries and kidnaps Caitlin and her mother, in order to eliminate their human side and create an 'Ice Family'.
A lot happens but, in the end, The Flash saves Carla who is inside the cryo chamber and Killer Frost fights Icicle, in a really nice fight (with a not so good CGI, unfortunately).
Then, out of nowhere, Cicada appears, after kidnapping her younger self, and also fights Killer Frost (after she 'defeats' Icicle and brings back Thomas). Thomas then sacrifices himself for his daughter by stepping in front of her and getting stabbed by Cicada. Cicada then escapes with the cryo-atomizer, and that's the end of it.
In the very end of the episode Barry admits that he was wrong (even thought I don't think he was) and he and Iris agree to work things out and help their daughter. 
Elsewhere, Nora emerges from the Negative Speed Force with glowing red eyes (which might be a hint that Nora might be the bad guy for next season).
With so many things going on, I don't know how are they going to wrap things up in only 3 episodes. On Arrow, it looks like they can, but on The Flash... They still have Cicada, which I'm still pretty confused about, and they just introduces basically 'bad Nora' so... That's why I think Nora is going to be the bad guys next season, but let's see.
Now, I'm all up to date with everything so... Let me know your thoughts and predictions for the rest of the season and I'll see you in my next rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment