Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2019

The Challenge: War of the Worlds | Season 33 Episode 9 - "American Psycho"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys!
Here I am, one more week, with basically just The Challenge to talk to you about (don't worry, there's a new episode of Supernatural airing tonight so... Expect a rant tomorrow).
This episode of The Challenge had quite a lot of stuff happening so, I'm going to try my best to unpack everything.
The actual episode begins with a bit of drama. Nothing major, just some teams discussing their strategies and how the game is going. Of course I pay a lot of attention to this because it always gives us a hint of who might win the challenge and who might be up for elimination. In this case, the teams involved were Paulie/Natalie, Wes/Dee and Kyle/Mattie, and all of them were major in this episode.
Moving on to the actual challenge - it was a good one. It was something that didn't seem too hard, but still it was 'challenge material' and I liked the look of it. Plus, it also looked kind of fun so... There's that. In the end, like suspected, Kyle and Mattie were one of the winning teams, along with Hunter/Georgia (which I forgot to mention that there was a whole thing between them as well in the beginning of the episode) and Cara Maria/Theo. As you can imagine, I wasn't too happy with Cara Maria being in the Tribunal, but it was fine because I knew Kyle would pick Paulie to go into elimination, and that was enough for me.
In terms of Nominations, it was also something quite unexpected. First of, Hunter chose Nanny/Turbo which is weird since he has been sleeping with her but okay, he said it was because they picked them last week so... I kind of get it. Then, as expected, Kyle chose Paulie and Cara Maria chose Wes and, what's really surprising about this nominations was that they were basically agreeing on keeping it tied which, don't get me wrong, I really want to see what happens when they tie it but... Really?!
Anyway, when it came to the actual elimination, and for them to vote, initially, they went with the plan but then, Georgia had some sense and she changed her vote from Nany to Paulie which was really the smartest thing to do, I don't understand why Hunter really wanted to keep it tied and go into elimination - he's just dumb.
So, Paulie and Ninja Natalie were chosen to go into elimination and then... They chose to go against Ashley and Kam. Initially Paulie wanted to go against Wes, but because Natalie is friends with Dee, he changed his mind and they targeted the British Alliance which, in the end, worked out in their favor because Paulie and Natalie won, which wasn't really what I wanted but well... What happened next made up for it and... Yes, there's no more teams from now one which is amazing for me because now I can root for the ones that I kinda like when, previously, they were linked with people that I don't like so... I'm really curious to see what happens from now one because for sure things are going to change.
This are my thoughts on the latest The Challenge episode. Let me know what you thought and what you think about this last change.
I'll see you tomorrow with a new rant!!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment