Pages

Monday, September 11, 2023

The Challenge: USA | Season 2 Episode 8 - "Independence Day"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!!

Slightly later than I anticipated but still in time to fully discuss the latest episode so, let's get to it!

To be completely honest, I don't have a ton to say about this episode. A lot happened and a ton of things were things that made me happy, but there wasn't any big drama nor any big dilemmas when ti comes to nominations and voting, it was all pretty straightforward... But let's talk about the daily challenge.

Now that the game is played as individuals, not only it got a lot more interesting but it's way easier for me to root for the people that I like, because they're not attached to other players that I do not like. So for this one, which was a swimming/diving challenge, I was fully rooting for Bananas and... Guess what?! Bananas did win for the boys, which I was stoked about! And for the girls, Tori was the winner, which all of that only proves that the Vets are Vets for a reason. However, there was a difference between Bananas and Tori - while Bananas gave the other players in his heat some sort of hint/help, Tori gave them nothing so... That kind of left a bitter taste in my mouth and supports my 'dislike' for Tori as a player... She's good and she's strong, but I don't like how she plays the game.

Anyway, after that came the nominations and both Bananas and Tori were pretty set on a guys elimination day and wanted someone from Big Brother to go home, so they went with this season's couple - Tyler and Alysa, which was kind of sad because I like Tyler. I think he's genuinely a good person and plays a fair game (also he's a pretty good player and super underrated). 

Then the rest of the house had to vote and it was pretty obvious that everyone wanted a guys elimination because the votes were torn between Sebastian (the Big Brother people voted for him) and Monte (the Survivor people voted for him) and, at the end, Monte was the one to go against Tyler. For me, that was good because I also like Sebastian and I didn't want to have to choose between the two for them but Monte was a bigger threat to Tyler, so I was afraid for him. Luckily it wasn't a physical challenge (not a one-on-one physical challenge) it was more about patience and strategy and that gave Tyler a better fighting chance. However, that elimination must have been so hard to watch because they had to redo that pyramid countless times and that must have been so furstrating (for those who where playing as well as for the ones that were just watching). Well, but at the end Tyler did win and I was super happy about that! And that's basically it.

There wasn't anything super major in the preview for the next episode so I don't have anything to theorize about. let's just see what else this new individuals game brings - I'm excited.

Let me know what you thought of this episode and who were you rooting for and I'll talk to you later in the week!

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment