Pages

Monday, October 17, 2016

Supernatural | Season 12 Episode 1 - "Keep Calm and Carry On"


Spoiler Alert!

That's right! A brand new series here on the blog! But, not so quite new. 
As you may have already notice, Supernatural is in it's 12th Season, which is a lot but, somehow, I just got really into it now... How? I don't know. Maybe because it was too long and I always kept saying "I will watch it some other time", and that other time was this holidays.
So, if you don't follow me on twitter (which you should) you might not know this so, here's a little story for you. Like I said, I decided that it was time to give in into Supernatural so, my goal this summer (more exactly end of August, when I started watching the series) was to watch everything at least, until the new season premiered. So, I started watching it and in the first week I got through 4 seasons. I got pretty confident about watching the whole thing so I changed my goal to finish everything before school started (26th September). Well, turns out, I got through everything in less than a month! Three weeks to be more exact. So, has you can see, I got pretty addicted to I decided to start doing rants of the show, which leads us to this post!
Now that you know my little story on how I got through eleven seasons in less than a month and why I started doing rants of the show, let's get into the actual rant.
I gotta say, first of all that last season's ending was huge so I was really excited for this season to start.
Unfortunatelly, I don't have 'good news' for you. Not that I didn't like the episode, I liked it, but it didn't surprise me like the other seasons did, neither it excited me. I guess it is kind of my fault as well because I watched way too many previews so, when I watched the whole episode, I basically knew everything that happened. Nonetheless, there was still some pretty cool things in this episode, such as Mary.
I was really curious (and I still am) to find out more about Mary Winchester. Of course we already knew a lot about her but now it's completely different. She's in a new century, which is quite fun to see, probably one of my favourite parts of the episode, seeing Mary 'dealing' with all the changes, mostly the technological changes, in the world. So much fun. Also, her relationship with Dean is completely different now and it's exciting to see how they interact with each other and, mostly, how of a mummy's boy Dean is. It's actually pretty cute!
But, this episode was not all rainbows and butterflies.
In the end of last season we saw Sam getting shot by Toni, the british man (woman) of letters. Of course he didn't die, and that's what we see in this episode. Toni shot Sam in the leg and then kidnaps him and takes him for 'interrogation'. Interrrogation from what, you ask me? To be fair, don't even I understand.
Seriously, the whole story with Toni and the British Man of Letters is still quite confusing to me. I understood that they don't like how Sam and Dean work but I don't understand why are they interested or what is their point. I guess we'll find out (or I'll understand) that later but, for now, I'm still really confused about their intentions.
Anyway, Toni questions Sam and of course he doesn't tell her anything so she has her assistant torture him. I found that scene quite amusing because, just like Sam said, what could they done that Lucifer hasn't done? like, seriously, you must be really dumb to be torturing Sam. Or Dean for that matter.
So, obviously the torture doesn't work so Toni tortures Sam through his mind, making him see his loved ones die. Again, it doesn't really work and Sam ends up tricking Toni and almost gets to escape... Unfortunately, he can't...
Meanwhile, Mary and Dean, after catching up and all get back to the bunker to find no one there. Luckily, Castiel appears and that's another of the favourite scenes when Mary points a gun to Castiel, really funny. After they pass their 'issues' they start then working together in order to find Sam.
Somehow Dean gets in contact with Toni and demands to give Sam back which she says no and send her assistant to kill them, which end up going downhill because Mumma Winchester ends up killing her! I'm already loving Mary!
Through Toni's Assistant's phone they get to track where Sam is and that's basically how the episode end.
So, just like I said, now that exciting, but still, good. Apart from Toni, which is so annoying! Can't wait for the boys to get rid of her.
Anyway, this is my first ever Supernatural rant! Hope you guys enjoyed it and I'm sorry is a little too long, I just got carried away. Ups!
Don't forget to leave me in the comments your thoughts about the episode and tell me if you have bee a fan of Supernatural for a long time, I would love to know that.
Until then...
Love,
Daniela.



No comments:

Post a Comment