Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

The Flash | Season 3 Episode 4 - "The New Rogues"


Spoiler Alert!

Back to the basics!
That's right, this week's episode of The Flash was just like we were used to see from the series, a new meta-human and Barry/The Flash trying to catch him. Just, this time, he had a sidekick - Jesse Quick.
In last week's episode we got introduced to Jesse being a speedster, and in this episode she got in action with Barry. Unfortunately, she had to leave by the end of the episode, but we'll talk about that later.
Anyway so, my first thoughts about this episode are that is was nice to see something like we were used to, not related to Dr. Alchemy, even though I do like his storyline and I want to know more. Something that I don't really liked or, I mean, I was kind of sad about was the fact that Tom Felton isn't in this episode. I've already said that I was really excited to see him in the show and when he got introduced in episode 2 I got really excited because, although his character may be kind of annoying sometimes, I really like him and I think he brings a new dymanic to the show, which I really enjoy, and which we didn't see in the episode. So, that was basically the only down thing for me about this episode.
But yeah, basically the storyline of this episode is about two former cohorts of Snart, that three years about got caught by the original particle accelerator and that just now came back, at least, one of them. And, just like I said before, Barry and Jesse go after them. 
You already know how this works, they don't get to catch them the first time they go after them and Barry ends up trapped inside a mirror, which was quite fun. And, the way they manage to get Barry out of there first, is with some type of 'thing' (that I don't really remember the name, I'm not that geek) but it doesn't work and, secretely, Caitlin uses her powers to freeze the mirror in order to Barry get out of there. That scene was pretty cool, mostly because it is tied with the very last scene, the one that I'm always excited about (and that I'll talk more in the end of the rant). 
So they go after them the second time and yeah, they get them and 'everything ends up nice'.
Some other pretty cool mini-storyline in this episode is the Team going after a new Wells, from other Earth (because 'our' Wells is going back to Earth-2). It was a really funny scene, to see all the different types of Wells and all. They agree in one and, in the end of the episode, he comes to our Earth and he gets introduced to the whole Team and everything. I'm excited about this Wells because he seems way funnier and likable.
And yeah, I guess it's time to talk about that last scene, which this time isn't Alchemy related but Caitlin related.
That's right, he are going to have a 'major' Caitlin storyline and guess what it is going to be? Killer Frost!
I already knew that we were going to have this storyline because episode 7 is called "Killer Frost", but it is still exciting to see our Caitlin dealing with the transformations. And that's basically what we see in this last seconds of the episode, Caitlin taking a shower and accidentally freezes the water, ending in her appearance starting to look alot like her Earth-2 doppleganger - the 'frozen' lips and the 'white' hair (for now, just a bit of hair).
And yeah, this is it guys. 
I got to say that I'm pretty excited about the Killer Frost storyline, although I'm also curious about Alchemy.
Anyway, let me know in the comments what you thought about this episode and if you are excited about Killer Frost's 'comeback'.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment