Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2016

The Vampires Diaries | Season 8 Episode 1 - "Hello Brother"


Spoiler Alert!

The beginning of the end started!
That's right guys, it is confirmed, season 8 of TVD is going to be it's last. I've known this for a while but I never got to mention it here on the blog so, although this is a happy post, because it's the return of The Vampire Diaries, this is also a sad one because it means it's the last TVD Season Premiere.
Also, although I'm so happy about this season (which I'll get into in a minute) I'm extremely sad that my favourite series of all time is coming to an end. 
If you follow me for a while on other social medias, you know that I've been here for this show since it's beginning! Seves years here for the show! I got through so many things in my life while watching this, I've been here since Stefan and Elena first met, I saw Katherine returning and dying, I've been here through all the amazing K's (Katherine, Klaus, Kol and Kai) and I even got to meet the cast last year and the fact this series is ending makes me so sad. And, that's why I've decided to record my reaction to the last episode (which is still a few months away, thank god) and put it on my youtube channel. It's going to envolve a lot of tears for sure but I just want to have this memory forever in my life.
Anyway, enough of sadness and let's get into Friday's amazing episode!
I gotta tell you, first of all, that I was pretty excited for this episode (and for this whole season, to be honest) because since is it's last, the producers have some pretty cool stuff planned for this season, one of them being that every episode it's going to be named after an iconic line from the first season and, this episode the name was, as you may have already noticed, "Hello Brother", the first iconic line from Damon.
And, this episode really was all about Damon! Damon and Stefan, Stefan being on the hunt after Damon.
As we saw in the end of last season, Damon and Enzo got under some type of 'spell' from that thing, that we know now it's called Sybil, and that's basically how this episode starts, with Damon and Enzo killing some people on the road.
We learn that Damon shut off his humanity and that he doesn't feel any remorse from what he's doing, but Enzo does, and that's why when they kill their last victims, he leaves some clues for Bonnie and Stefan to find them.
They end up finding them, and that's when Damon says he's iconic line "Hello Brother". Stefan and Bonnie soon realize that Damon and Enzo are not themselves and, after threatening Bonnie's life, they decide to leave.
Later we find out that Enzo does still cares, and just pretends that he doesn't in order to Sybil not hurting Bonnie. And, Bonnie also does realizes that, right in the end of the episode, when she's thinking about moments between them and she remembers a book that he used to read to her and that he's leaving clues related to that same book.
Meanwhile, we also learn that Alaric is now the head of the Armory and that him and his interns start to search for something in the vault, finding out an hidden passage which leads to some secret 'room' with ancient remains having distinct Greek roots.
And, we also have to talk about Caroline, who is also searching for clues while taking care of the twins, with the help of the new nany, Seline (portrayed by Kristen Gutoskie). 
As expected, a new character had to be threatned in the first episode so, obviously, Seline is attacked. By who you ask? Virginia St. John, who escaped the mental institution.
Luckily, Caroline gets there on time and saves Seline as well as the kids. Caroline tries to get some answers from Virgina but she ends up bleeding to death.
In the very end of the episode the most exciting thing of the whole episode happens, we see Sybil rise from the blook tank where she was in. And yes, she's a girl. And that's how the episode ends.
But I've seen some spoilers/curiosities, and I've learned that Sybil feeds from the sins of the people, that's why Damon and Enzo where looking for people that have commited some pretty dark sins.
And that's pretty much it guys.
I gotta tell you, I really liked this episode! Not that it had some pretty big plot twists or anything but the whole aesthetic of the episode and mainly the ending where really good so I think it made up for the rest of the episode. Also I can see that this season is a lot more gory and a lot more like season 1 so this got me really excited for the rest of the season.
Let me know your thoughts about the last season premiere of The Vampire Diaries and I don't think it's soon enough so tell me how to you think the series is going to end (keeping in mind that Julie said that Klaus is going to be in the last episode).
Until next week.
Love,
Daniela.



No comments:

Post a Comment