Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2018

The Flash | Season 4 Episode 23 - "We Are the Flash"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys!
Well, as you might have noticed, I wasn't able to post the rant yesterday. I was so full of uni work, everything for today, that I just couldn't post, which was really a bummer because, if you follow me on twitter, you know that I've watched the last episode live and I live tweeted, so I was really excited to talk to you about everything that happened. Plus, if you watched the episode, you might know that I'm extremely happy with the events that took place. Heck, I'm not even going to waste time and I'm just going to say it - My baby Ralph is back!
This wasn't really a surprise, to be honest. Neither the fact that I was going to be happy about this, nor the fact that he was coming back, since we saw pictures from the set of this episode, while they were filming, and Hartley was there as Ralph, more exactly has the old Ralph, before he became a meta but, truth be told, with the writters, you never know so they could come up with something and, even though Ralph was going to be in it, we could not end up alive. Luckily, the episode ended with Ralph very much alive so I presume he's going to be staying for the next season as an (almost) main cast. Well, they could always just do what they did last season with Julian and not have him but I doubt that or, at least, I hope Ralph stays as part of the Team Flash. Besides, even Cisco said that this was the end of an era so, does this mean that Dibny is here to stay? I hope so.
Anyway, now that I've talked about how happy I am that Dibny is back, let's get into all the other things that happened in the episode.
So, as predicted, Marlize played a major role in defeating DeVoe, joining Team Flash right in the beginning of the episode. At the same time this is happening, Cecile goes into labor so here are set the main two storylines of the episode.
With Cecile's help, Marlize comes up with the only plan to defeat DeVoe - send Barry into DeVoe's consciousness in order to find he good in him (DeVoe). Of course Barry encounters a number of obstacles and, that's while he's looking for the 'good DeVoe' that he finds Ralph. I swear, Barry's face when he found Ralph alive was priceless and I'm loving this Bromance! 
Alongside with Ralph then keep searching for the good DeVoe just to find him dead. 
Meanwhile, outside DeVoe's mind, the 'real DeVoe' tries to stop Team Flash and they are forced to go to into a pocket dimension. 
Back in DeVoe's mind, Barry realizes that 'the good in DeVoe' is Ralph and that's why he's still alive because it's his body and DeVoe can't kill him. With that, Ralph and Barry work on a plan to get into the nexus while they are attacked by an huge number of DeVoe's clones (or something). Obviously they make it to the nexus and they get back into the real world, with Ralph reclaiming his body just as DeVoe was about to kill Cecile.
Well, it basically ends here with the DeVoe thing, just with one thing happening then - DeVoe appearing as an hologram but with Marlize destroying it right away.
After that we see a number of things getting fixed. Team Flash still had to deal with the satellites falling from the sky, which Barry, with the help of the mysterious girl, destroyed. Also, Harry gets back to is normal self (kind of) with Marlize's help. He then decides to get back to Earth-2 to be with Jesse, and that's when Cisco says that this is the end of an era.
By the way, since we're on this topic, I would like to point out that line that Cisco had when he said that Harry was the most unique out of all the Wells... I mean, not that I was a major fan of him but what about HR?! He was for sure the most unique out of the Wells'. Just saying.
After everything, Cecile has her baby and later we see everyone celebrating with Wally back from the Legends as well as Cecile's daughter Jenna. And that's when the thing that everyone was waiting for happens - the reveal of the mysterious girl.
I must say that this wasn't like a big reveal, since everyone was already guessing this but the mysterious girl is Barry and Iris' daughter from the future - Nora. And she claims to have made 'a big, big mistake'. And that's how the season ends.
I would also like to point out that, when she steps inside Joe's house she said 'This House is Bitchin' and you know what this means, right? That saying that everyone have been talking about since Barry got back from the speedforce. Now it all makes sense.
So, what did you guys think of the season finale?
I personally liked it, even thought, just like Arrow, it wasn't a big surprise. You know, I liked most the fact that Ralph is alive so, it makes it worth it.
Tell me your thoughts and I guess from now on just The Challenge rants will be up on the blog. At least, until August, when Shadowhunters is back.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment