Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

The Flash | Season 4 Episode 22 - "Think Fast"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone and here it is the second to last The Flash rant this season.
I'm afraid I don't 'bring good news'.
The truth is, this episode was pretty underwhelming. There was parts that I quite enjoyed, that's true, but the overall look of the episode was pretty poor and I was kind of sad about it because the season is almost ending so this wasn't supposed to happen.
The episode actually begins with a pretty good scene (maybe the best of the episode), with DeVoe infiltrating ARGUS in a way to get to Fallout. In order to do that he had to impersonate Diggle, which was one of the good things of the episode (having Diggle) and then he just killed most of the security in what was the best part of the episode. That scene with him killing everyone and with that soundtrack was trully amazing.
Unfortunatelly, from that, the episode just went downhill.
The Team realizes that DeVoe is doing so Barry goes to Star City to get the real Diggle and have some intel about ARGUS and where that facility is. This time this isn't so simple because DeVoe has an hold of everything inside ARGUS plus all the ARGUS security that it already had and, on top of that, he has hostages so Barry and Team Flash have to work on a plan to get inside, save the hostages and get DeVoe.
In order to do that, Cisco and Caitlin ask Barry to train them so they can all be in Flashtime.
In the beginning I thought they were talking about go back and time but they were really talking about that state when Barry is running really fast.
I don't know about you but this whole thing seemed really weird to me and I just didn't like it. Just like that whole episode that happened in Flashtime in like a few seconds it was trully hard to understand and everything seems odd so I don't really liked this. 
This did bring something nice though, with Caitling remembering some stuff from her childhood which, in the end of the episode, Cisco vibes with her there and we learn that she has been Killer Frost since her childhood, so this is good and a storyline that is actually interesting.
Anyway, they do get to save the hostages and Barry goes after DeVoe but, of course, things couldn't go as planned and, although Barry does destroy the satellite, DeVoe has a Plan B and he uses one of the STAR Labs satellites and the enlightment begin.
Meanwhile Cisco, Catilin and Barry are doing this, Iris and Harry go after Marlize and find her in London. This is when they finally realize that Marlize is the key to all this so... Nothing new.
The main events of the episode were basically this but I would like to mention two other things that I liked. The first one the fact that Joe mentions that Wally is with the Legends. I know this is pretty random but I think it was a nice touch since they never really address it (I think). The second thing that I liked the most about the episode was Cecile and her powers. She develops more powers and, althought this new ones are pretty weird, this made me think that the powers might be the baby's powers and, once again, that mystery girl might be Cecile and Joe's daughter so... Let's see.
In the next episode we are not only going to find out about the mystery girl but, from the set photos, it looks like we are going to have Ralph back so you know, I'm pretty stoked about that!
Let me know what you thought about the episode and which are your predictions for the season finale!
I'll see you in my next rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment