Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Shadowhunters | Season 3 Episode 9 & 10 - "Familia Ante Omnia" & "Erchomai"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!
Here it is, finally, the midseason rant of Shadowhunters.
As you might know, this was a two hour finale which means this rant will cover both episodes 9 and 10. This might end up a bit confusing since I saw both episodes in a row and I can't quite remember what happened in first one so, if I focus a lot more on the second episode, I'm sorry, but it was the one that stood out to me the most.
I'm going to try and talk first about episode 9 but I don't promise anything. So, the first episode basically showed everyone dealing with different things at the same time.
I might say that the story that I liked the most, and the one that I felt for the most was Simon. Obviously Heidi had to came back to mess things up and screw with Simon. It was really painful to see Simon go through all those things and then bite his own sister, as well as his mum wanting to kill him because Simon just isn't like that so I really felt for him.
Of course the other thing that was major in episode 9 was Valentine. We see Clary almost getting killed by the Clave but then working out a plan. She resurects Valentine in order to know why Lilith wanted his body and that's how she finds out everything about Jonathan. I was quite happy that Valentine was killed (again) in the end because we can't just go back to old storylines. That doesn't work for me. At least, not this way. Supernatural does it quite well, to be honest, but I don't trust Shadowhunters to do that so, just stick to the books, please.
Oh, and I have to mention Magnus and his quest to try and save Jace which continues on episode 10.
I'm going to take this and move to episode 10 right away.
I have to say that episode 9 was good and episode 10 was so much better! It wasn't surprising, I don't think they wanted that since they titled the episode "Erchomai" but it was well done and it had a solid storyline.
Since we were on Magnus topic, in episode 10 he goes to Edom to talk to his father, Asmodeus, and ask for help. This was the first time seeing Magnus dad so it was interesting.
At the same time, basically everyone was dealing with Lilith and Jace.
Before the final battles, I might add, we had some pretty cute Sizzy moments and I hope they develop them in the second part of the season because, truth be told, I'm just tired to wait for Sizzy to happen.
Izzy helps Simon with the issues with his mum and this gets even worse that in the last episode when Simon compels his mum to just forget him and believe that he died, which was so sad.
Unfortunatelly, he couldn't be sad that long because they had to deal with Lilith and since he's the only one that can send her back to Edom, he has to be there. Plus, when he finds out that Lilith has Clary he just agrees right away.
Izzy, Alec, Simon and Luke work on a plan to get inside the building where Lilith is but without hurting anyone nor Jace, since Simon's mark can kill basically everyone without him doing anything.
Their plan is actually pretty good - Alec vs Jace, Izzy and Luke vs all the 'demons' and Simon rescuing Clary.
I might say that the most nerve wrecking part was Alec vs Jace because, although Magnus appears just in time to bring the old Jace back, Jace as the Owl had already stabbed Alec and Magnus couldn't do anything because he trade his magic in order for his father to help bring Jace back. So, we are left with Alec dead. I would say that this death isn't premanent but... You never know.
As far as all the other 'fights', Izzy and Luke were quite good but they weren't the major thing and then Simon and Clary. Obviously we knew that Jonathan was going to be back and that Lilith was going away so... That's what happened. Lilith basically linked Jonathan to Clary so, as long as Clary lives, Jonathan lives too, which I'm quite happy, to be honest. But Simon ends up using his mark on Lilith and she's sent back to Edom (I think) and we see Jonathan grabbing Clary's wrist in the end, before the explosion that Simon's mark created.
Then, when Jace arrives at the top of the building, neither Clary nor Jonathan are there so... 
Simon says that she died but do you truly believe that?! Because I don't so, let's see what they do in the second part of the season.
Overall, I liked this ending. Not major nor surprising but it was good and, obviously, I'm so stoked to see Jonathan again! Can't wait for that!
Ok, let me know what you thought and also, tell me if this accurate and follows the book. I would love to know that.
I'll see you next week with The Flash's season finale!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment