Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2020

The Challenge: Total Madness | Season 35 Episode 6 - "Love Will Tear Us Apart"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
Back with another The Challenge rant and, I must say, I was so excited about this episode!
You know, last episode ended with an huge cliffhanger and I was just so eager to find out what happened. I had a feeling it wouldn't be what I wanted but, as usual, I had hope and I tried my hardest not to get spoiled for this episode. I was able to! However, the episode didn't go the way that I wanted. Neither in terms of events not as structure. I have so many thoughts so let's just get right into it.
The first thing that I need to tackle is the Jay and Rogan elimination - what I was most excited/afraid about. Well, it didn't go too well. Jay didn't break his arm like we were led to believe in the last episode but something happened to him. After getting tackled, he got up and, physically, he was able to continue, and he kept going for two more rounds, where he didn't get the ball inside the bucket. However, when it came to Rogan's turn to be on the offense, Jay got really confused about the rules and he looked really out of himself, as someone said in the episode, almost like he didn't even know where he was. And so, because of that, the medical people that were there said that he might have a concussion and he needs a CT scan. And so, just like that, he got out of the game. Also, nothing happened with the extra red skull that he had. I had hope about that but, unless they have a secret house that they'll reveal in the next episodes, we now know nothing happens if you have more than one red skull (apart from take away the chances of other people having a red skull).
That was the first thing that happened in the episode. And from there, everything went downhill.
Next thing I have to talk about is the drama that went on for too long this episode. Again, I had a feeling. Because of the cliffhanger last episode, this week's episode was all messed up. Way too much drama and no nominations nor another elimination. (I hope they get back to the usual structure soon)
As for this drama, it was mainly Jenna's drama and Kailah's drama - both about their boyfriends. We knew something was going to happen between Jenna and Zach and... as much as I love them together, I really think Zach needs to chill out a bit. Jenna is clearly a good person and messing with her head and doubting her like that is so unnecessary. What's also unnecessary is the time they spent in this drama. I checked and they spent half of the episode (30 minutes) in all this Jenna and Kailah drama. Really unnecessary. Because of that, and because this week's challenge took a bit longer than usual, we didn't get out usual programming.
With that said, the last thing that I need to talk about is the actual challenge. It looked pretty fun and, to be honest, not that difficult. However, only three teams where able to finish it - Jordan and Nany, Bear and Kaycee, Bananas and Melissa - unbelievably. In the end, Jordan and Nany were the winners and two out of the three in the Tribunal - the last person they picked was Jenna. I think people were surprised by this but I think it makes sense - this way not only Jordan can nominate Tori and maybe through her into elimination if the house picks someone she wants to go against but also people were saying that Nany wanted to go against Jenna. Well, this way, she can't. But that was it for this episode.
In the very end we saw a preview for the rest of the season and it looks like the final is pretty close. Also, we learned some things - Bananas, Cory, Kyle, Nelson and Tori go into elimination; Dee goes into elimination again - and a lot of people are left without a red skull because in the very end of the preview we see someone clearly upset that they didn't get a red skull.
Even though Jay went home and I was really rooting for him, I'm pretty stoked about the rest of this season. Some of my favorites are still in the game - Bananas, Jenna, Jenny, Kyle, Mattie - so I still have people to be rooting for and the actual challenges look better than in previous seasons so... I'm excited for the next episodes.
Let me know what you thought of this episode - were you rooting for Jay? Do you like the amount of drama that this episode had? - Tell me everything and I'll see you next week with more rants!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment