Pages

Saturday, December 2, 2023

The Challenge | Season 39 Episode 6 & 7 - "The Big Mistake" & "So Flip Floppy"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!

So, I told you that this next post would take a bit longer because I was going away on holiday and well... Turns out, when I got back home, a new episode was just about to come out so I guess I just figured the best way to do it was to talk about both episodes 6 and 7 in the same post, I hope you don't mind.

I kind of wished I was able to talk about them seperately because both of them were really exciting! So let's not waste any time and get to it!

Episode 6, as the name suggests, was all about Big T! Honestly, I don't know why everyone was targeting Melissa and Big T, I mean... I know they are both each others number ones but they're just two! What can the both of them do alone?! (in terms of voting and stuff) Seriously, I don't know, but this whole episode revolved around getting both of them up for elimination, to the point where in the daily challenge, the two teams that they were not part of, basically 'team up' in order to just not have them win! Even their own team (which had Jay in it) was sabotaging themselves so they could put Melissa and Big T up for elimination... I just think that's so dumb... Anyway... They got what they wanted and their team lost so, right away, even though Kyland was in the winning Team, they went with Melissa (he was obviously outnumbered) and then, for the house vote, as much as Melissa really tried to get the house to vote for someone else (either Ravyn or Nurys) the house voted Big T... It was expected but I had hope they could turn the voted around.

Well, at the end of the day, and with how everything turned out to be, I'm glad they did what they did because Big T gave them a show! 

This episode's mercenary was Kaz which, to be fair, and although she did win two challenges, she's not really a champ... I'm sorry Kaz but you haven't been around enough to be considered a Champ. To the point that, she did go against Big T and guess what?! Big T won! So that only proves my point! Kaz won two challenges yes but one of them was by seconds (Zara deserved the win, to be fair) and the second one was alongside with Jordan so... Anyway... What matters in the end is that the house wanted Melissa and Big T out so much that, at the end of the day, both of them stayed! You go Big T!

As far as episode 7 goes... That one was way more exciting!

Although they didn't know at the beginning, it was a male elimination day (as you would assume, to be honest) and there were a few people that stood out right in the beginning of the episode - Horacio, Callum and Emanuel. And you know what that means, right?! I was afraid that it meant Horacio was going into elimination because it's obvious that everyone knows he's a big competition, but I'm glad I was wrong - instead, his Team (alongside with Big T and Kyland) won and so they had to choose a guy to go into elimination, which they chose Emanuel. I like Emanuel but I was fine with their choice. Then, came the big drama of the episode.

No one was really talking about who was going to be the house vote, there was no big name but Corey was the only name that was floating around. For multiple reasons, to be honest, but because he had been talking to Big T and Melissa and being sort of part of their alliance, I wasn't really into him going into elimination... Well, that is when his true colors came out! Basically he straight up said in nominations that he has been lying to Big T all this time and that he wasn't part of their alliance and he was using that in order to get information to his true alliance - the US alliance - which is so shady because 1) there were conversations with Big T about her sexuality and stuff and that's just something you don't mess with and 2) he never said anything to the US alliance so... No one knew and it was only himself who decided to do that. Well, I'm happy that, in the end, he was nominated anyway because, now more than never, no one can really trust him, right?! I'm just sad that he didn't got what he deserved... Still, we got an hell of a show!

So, mercenary of the week?! Devin! And I can't believe how my love for Devin has changed over the years! I used to despise him and now I completely love him and was so happy to see him in this episode! I was afraid that he wouldn't be able to beat Corey (because, let's be real, I was really hoping Devin would go against Corey to send him home) but, of course, it had to be Devin to take out the third option in the Draw and guess what?! That meant Devin was the one to pick who he wanted to go against out of every guy! Everyone apart from Horacio and Kyland because they own the daily so they were safe. And if we know one thing about Devin is that, just like Bananas, he likes to stir the pot and, of course, he chose someone else! Big T did tell him to pick Corey but Devin wants to create drama and so he went with Michele's boo - Calum. That was seriously unexpected but truly, we should have seen that coming because Calum was really prominent in the beginning of the episode. 

Honestly, it was a really tight race and, for the first time this season, I was rooting for the mercenary, and thankfully Devin won! 

This really shook the house and I can't wait to see how this will afect the next episodes. From the preview, it looks like it will the Kaycee the mercenary and it also looked like there will be yet another fight between Melissa and Nurys and I'm team Melissa all the way so I hope I get to see Nurys in the sand going against Kaycee. Kaycee is a wild card so, depending on who she's going against, she has a big chance of winning but we'll see. If it is against Nurys I hope she wins, if it is against Melissa or Big T or Zara (which are my favourite girls) I hope she looses. Anyway, we don't really know if it is Kaycee either but it's what it looked like to me.

Anyway, let me know what you thought of these two episodes - were you rooting for Big T in episode 6? Or are you team US alliance? What are your thoughts on what Corey did? And how do you feel about Devin? Did he grow on you like he did with me? Tell me everything in the comments and I'll see you next week with a new episode!

Love,
Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment