Pages

Friday, December 15, 2023

The Challenge | Season 39 Episodes 8 & 9 - "Struggling to Hold It Together" & "A Banana Split"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!

Here I am with another double The Challenge rant and, while the last episodes were great with Big T winning and then Devin winning... Well, these two weren't so great.

First of all, the way episode 8 started got me really scared. I knew, as I said at the end of last week's rant, that Kaycee was going to be the Champ, so I knew it would be a female elimination (it could be a double elimination tho) and Zara was featured a lot in the beginning of the episode. But I guess this time they tricked me. Zara was not up for elimination because, fast forward, her Team won the daily challenge.

The week's challenge was one of those where they had to lock an put nots and stuff in front of a place and after 30 minutes, the teams would switch and they had to undo what the other team did. Well, Jay obviously had experience in the matter and he won against CT in this same challenge so he thought he had it in the bag. On the other side we had Kyland who also thought he would be really good because he had also done the same challenge. Well, clearly one had more experience (aka Jay) but, on Kyland's defense, they all went straight to the chains and someone had to give up and, in this case, Kyland's team gave up on the chain and was basically that (along with some other poor choices) that cost them the challenge.

With this outcome, things didn't look good for Melissa and Big T against and guess what?! Melissa was the one picked by the winning team and Big T was the one picked by the rest of her own team. That didn't mean the rest were safe because Kaycee could always take out "Chaos" in the draw but, unfortunately, that didn't happen. She took out Big T's name and, in that moment, I felt really bad for Big T. I really wanted her to win but I knew the chances were slim.

The elimination was a good old pole wrestle and you can figure out what happened next. Big T did put up a good fight but Kaycee ended up winning and I'm sad for Big T and pissed at everyone else!

As far as the latest episode goes (episode 9) it was extremely boring! Everything about this episode annoyed me so much and I hated how everything turned out. The only thing that I liked was Zara being safe from elimination again, but even that was super unfair, because she was in the three people team and, on top of that, the people she was teamed with - Ravyn and Asaf - are the worst! Seriously, I hate Ravyn. And it's not even that she's a bad person, she's just so annoying, so lame, and her game is the worst! Seriously, everyone left is so annoying and all the players that I was rooting for keep going home. Last week it was Big T and now, spoiler alert, Melissa! So unfair! Not only they were the most entertaining but they were also the best players! The only ones left that are Champ material are Zara, Horacio and Oliva. And even Olivia has become a bit annoying with teaming up with the US. I'm so sick of them rulling the Season. Colleen should have gotten all the "lay ups" and Team up. They have to stop being afraid of the US Team! Because, once they're done with the UK, who's next? Colleen, Ravyn, Asaf... They are next so why not Team up? And now, with this whole thing with Melissa going home, I really want Kyland to go far in the game and go against the US! I love Kyland and Horacio's alliance because truly, they are the only two players left with integrity.

And I guess there's not a lot more to talk about when it comes to this episode. The daily was kind of unfair, Melissa being picked again was a joke, them not doing anything about the US alliance is also a joke and Melissa loosing made me so mad! Only rooting for Kyland and Zara right now. Even Jay has become a bit annoying, all thanks to Michele who, at this point, I just can't stand! Let's hope the next Champ makes up for everything (who I believe will be CT). Until then, let me know your thoughts on both these episode and I'm sorry for doing two episodes in one post again!

Love,
Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment