Pages

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

The Flash | Season 4 Episode 14 - "Subject 9"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone! We are back from hiatus!
That's right! After a couple of weeks without any episodes, The Flash is back and with a pretty good episode, I might say.
This episode had a lot of elements that brought up the 'old' The Flash seasons (I've found myself laughing a lot in this episode) as well as some deep scenes and I pretty good storyline. Also, it had a pretty good surprise factor about the whole thing and I lot of action in general, which I loved! The only 'not so good' thing about this episode was Barry being harsh at everyone, which luckily was 'calmed down' by Iris. This type of Barry reminded me a lot of last season, when they tried to make The Flash more 'serious' and, in a way, more like Arrow, which I didn't like but, like I said, Iris told him about being hard at everyone and Barry realized that so, hopefully, he'll get to 'normal' in the next episode.
Anyway, in this episode Team Flash goes after the remaining metas that were on the bus.
Dibny uses his detective skills and they are able to find Izzy (the Fiddler), a meta with sound waves abilities. They try to get her to go with them but she refused. When they went to try and get her back again, DeVoe shows up (inside Sharpe's body), but Izzy uses her powers and is actually able to hurt him. With that, DeVoe's wife shows up and takes him to their hidding spot.
Ralph, Barry, Cisco and Izzy are able to get back to STAR Labs and that's when they start training her. Everything is kind of well until Barry pushes her too much and she ends up injured. Not badly, but enough to make her wanna leave.
Izzy thinks she can take DeVoe by herself and so calls him out. He does show up, as well as Ralph and Barry who find where she his but, unfortunately, while trying to save her, DeVoe uses Dominic's and Becky's abilities to hurt both Barry and Ralph. DeVoe then once again uses the chair to transfer his mind to Izzy's and then leaves. 
Ralph is pretty down about this whole thing because he grew to really like Izzy, which was actually one of the main thing through out this whole episode, which I actually loved! I feel like Ralph has been taken away a bit of Barry's 'shine', which I don't mind, to be honest, I just find it a bit odd, since Barry is the lead character. Well, it's nice to have the 'spotlight' on someone else and, like I've mentioned before, I grew to like Dibny a lot!
Well, like I was saying... With all that happened, Barry is even more determined to protect Dibny and Dibny is even more determined to take down DeVoe (as well as Barry, obviously) so, when Barry goes to Dibny to comfort him, Dibny actually gives Barry a card saying that he's now a private investigator (since Barry was kind of fired from the CCPD), which was a pretty cute scene!
And well, the episode basically ended like that, with both of them pretty determined to take down DeVoe and find the remaining three metas so, I can't actually wait to see more of that!
Let me know what you thought on the episode and I'll see you Friday with new Arrow and Supernatural rants!
Love,
Daniela.


No comments:

Post a Comment