Pages

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

The Challenge: Vendettas | Season 31 Episode 7 - "Pulling the Strings"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys!
Turns out I do have a series to talk to you about this week - The Challenge! It's the only one though, but it was a great episode so I guess it's fine.
This week we (kind of) got back to the usual set up of the challenge episodes - the challenge, nominations, elimination. I said 'kind of' because the elimination didin't end and also because we actually started with another elimination. Actually, let's start with that!
In the very beginning of the episode we find out who they were going to send in against Brad and everyone voted for Victor, which was fine and easy, to be honest. The elimination challenge itself wasn't that easy and they showed little of it, I guess it was because it was kind of obvious that Brad was going to win it, which he did. I don't really like Brad but I guess it's fine because Victor could really mess up with Banana's game and that's the only thing that I worry about so, it was fine for me.
After the elimination, they get back to the house and the notes thingy comes up again. The only difference this time is that we actually find out who was writting it! I mean, we (the audience) find out because I believe they didn't, which is interesting. And well, who could it be? None other than my boy Bananas! He's the master at stiring the pot and that's exactly what he's doing with this whole notes thing and, actually, I've mentioned to my sister before that he could be him, but truth be told, I was joking, because I never really thought it was him, which was nice - a surprise for once on The Challenge.
Bananas actually said in the 'interviews' that he told his sister to write all those notes before the season began and that he then would use them when he thought was 'appropriate', which I thought was so damn funny and pretty clever! Bananas never fails to amaze me!
Anyway, moving on, they actually don't focus too much on all of this and get into this week's challenge - which was basically a puzzle.
The previous Troike were the ones to choose the teams (two teams) and they were actually pretty smart about it, because they chose Brad to be on their Team because he had a grenade, which would prevent him using on any of them. Once again, pretty clever! Then, Brad actually chose the time penalty grenade and used it on Kam, who was on the other Team and needless to say, Banana's team won, which meant they had to pick three people to be the troika, which they chose Nicole, Kyle and Tony - again, really smart. Oh, and I completely forgot to say, this time it was a double elimination which meant the troika had to choose three guys and three girls and then choose one of each in the elimination, with no Inquisition. Also, the loosing Team had to choose one guy and one girl to be automatically in the elimination, which they chose Veronica and Joss.
Later, the Troika chose Shane, Nelson and Devin as the possible boys and Kam, Natalie and Kayleigh as the possible girls.
With no Inquisition, they end up choosing Kam and Shane but, of course, there was another twist (as we predicted) - a group of challenge vets, Derrick, Jordan, Tori and Aneesa, now known as The Mercenaries, show up to the ring to compete against the ones chose to go to elimination, Kam, Shane, Joss and Veronica.
The match-ups are Joss vs Derrick, Shane vs Jordan, Kam vs Tori and Veronica vs Aneesa.
This whole thing was pretty interesting. Up first were Jordan and Shane, the later even saying that he's going against a celebrity crush, which was so funny! But, in the end, Jordan beats Shane fairly easily, which got me a bit sad because I actually liked Shane.
Then, it was time for Aneesa vs Veronica which, in their first heat, things get physical, and Veronica injures her finger, and looking really badly from what we've seen. And the episode basically ends like that.
We'll have to wait to see if Veronica is able to keep going but I doubt that because it was looking really badly.
Anyway, let me know which are all your thoughts on this episode and how do you think all this is going to end? I presonally think Joss will be able to beat Derrick and, hopefully, Tori will beat Kam and send her home because I don't like Kam at all, but let me know your predictions.
I'll see you guys next week!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment