Pages

Friday, February 9, 2018

Arrow | Season 6 Episode 13 - "The Devil's Greatest Trick"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello!
Here it is, also, the last Arrow rant fora few weeks (yes, all the series are going to be on an hiatus for 2/3 weeks, unfortunatelly).
Unlike Supernatural, this Arrow episode wasn't that mindblowing. Actually, I thought it would be and, because I already knew about the hiatus, I thought it was going to end with a Bang but... well, for me, that didn't happen, and that's mostly what I'm going to talk about in this rant.
The episode begins with Cayden James threatening to set the bomb off at midnight. This was actually something unexpected because I thought his storyline was going to last longer, I'm glad it didn't thought, because I didn't really like how the story was going and, hopefully, it will get better from now on but still, it was a little bit unexpected. 
Anyway, just in time, Alena and Felicity are able to decode the video of Oliver killing Cayden's son, proving it was someone else to kill him and clearing Oliver's name. Actually, after this scene, and reading some tweets, I thought the person behind everything and 'manipulating' Cayden James was actually Alena. It was just interesting the fact that she came back a little bit out of no where and, suddenly, when she appears, they are able to decode everything and find everything so I thought it was her and to be honest, it would be a better plot twist than what really happened in the end of the episode but... I'll get into that.
Anyway, they show the real video to Cayden James to which he concludes that it was someone in his group so he demands that Team Arrow brings his former allies to him or he will set off the bomb.
The team brings Black Siren, Diaz and Anatoly to James, but Black Siren says she was behind his son's death which, after a few things happen, end in her getting free, being able to use her powers and allowing everyone but Cayden to escape.
In the end, Cayden realises that what he's doing is wrong and that his son wouldn't like what he's doing. I should also point out that during this episode we had some Cayden James flashbacks which was interesting and, kind of, made me like his character a little bit more. Oh, also, Cayden also realises that mainly because William showed up there, which was dumb but brave at the same time and well, everything ended fine in the end and Cayden surrendered.
While in custody, the real person behind it all approaches Cayden James - Ricardo Diaz. He reveals that he was the real person responsible for the death of Cayden's son and that he has the new police captain on his payroll, killing Cayden before he leaves.
I don't know about you but, like I said before, this reveal wasn't really surprising to me and I actually think it was kind of dull. Not only because everyone was saying it was him for the past 2/3 episodes but also because, to be completey honest, I don't even remember much from his character from the beginning of the season so, that says much about his character. I don't know, maybe it will turn out to be good but the reavel itself wasn't that great and a little bit disappointing. 
Let me know what you thought it. Was it a surprise to you or you thouth it was Diaz all along? Tell me everything.
I'll see you guys in my next rant (don't really know when that's gonna be because basically every show is on hiatus but, we'll see).
Love,
Daniela.


No comments:

Post a Comment