Pages

Friday, February 9, 2018

The Flash | Season 4 Episode 13 - "True Colors"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
I'm sorry I took some time with this rant. As I told you, I was out all night yesterday and today I was out as well and I only arrived home like two hours ago and only got time to write now, but better late than never right?! Also, just one more thing before I really start the rant - I'm in a bit of an hurry so this post my be a little short. Not only because of that but also because I watched the episode when it aired and I don't remember things that well so, don't be too harsh on me, okay? Okay, let's start then.
This was a pretty interesting episode mainly because it was another Ralph centered episode, which I love. You might have realised by now that I've started to really like Ralph and he's basically the new Julian, to be honest... I love how Hartley Sawyer portraits him and he's just an wonderful character, I don't get why people don't like him, really... Anyway, like I was saying, this was another Ralph episode with a bit of Barry too, something that I really enjoyed as well.
Like we saw in the preview, in this episode, Barry and the bus metas are prepared to be sold to Amuet so of course they start thinking of a plan to get out. Well, I should say Barry starts working on a way to get out because the others are just too dumb. This was one of my favourite things in this episode - smart Barry. We've always known that Barry is really smart, he's a cientist after all, but it's been a while since we've seen that side of Barry - but in this episode, they showed it, when he made some sort ot solucion to get out of the meta prison, which was pretty amazing and that all the fans really liked (I saw all the tweets).
The other thing that I really liked in the episode - the Ralph thing - was that we discovered a new ability - shapeshifting. Of course the writers had to come up with something 'not so real' and a bit of a cliche to get to the end result of the episode but, personally, I'm okay with it, and I loved to see all the emotions that Ralph went through in the episode - from being really 'cocky', to thinking he always let's his friends down, to believing in himself again. I just love his character development!
With this new ability, Ralph and Team Flash start working on a plan to get Barry out of the prison before being sold to Amunet (because they did find about that through Cecile's powers, thankfully). Let's just say the plan doesn't really work well and that's when Dibney starts doubting himself.
Luckily, Barry also has a plan and he manages to get himself and the other metas out of the prison - just to be cornered, again, by Wolfe and Amunet. Right in that moment, DeVoe (in Dominic's body and chair) appear and extracts the other metas powers and gets himself inside Becky's body.
And then, the final twist! Ralph shapeshits himself into the original DeVoe, goes to court and claims that he was just unconcious on Barry's loft and not dead, clearing Barry's name and getting him out of prison! I have to say that I wasn't expecting that at all! It seemed very difficult to  me but with this new ability of Ralph's they can do a lot so, I'm looking forward to see more of him and his new 'power'.
Back at the DeVoe's house, their marriage begins to deteriorate, and the Thinker drugs his wife with the Weeper's love tears to maintain her devotion to him.
Overall, this was a great episode and it's such a bummer that we'll have to wait until the end of the month to find out more but, at least, it ended kind of well so, that's good!
Let me know all your thoughts on the episode and, once again, I'm sorry for posting the rant a bit late.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment