Pages

Friday, December 2, 2016

Legends of Tomorrow | Season 2 Episode 7 - "Invasion!"


Spoiler Alert!

And here it is, the final rant of the DC Week Crossover!
I gotta say, this was so much fun! I loved the fact that we saw all of the characters (or almost all of them) interact and having like a 3 hour long episode was so good! Besides, I also really liked doing this, post every single day, it was pretty cool!
I probably wouldn't do it on a daily basis because I just a lot of uni work and I wouldn't be able to, but do this once in a while, it's pretty fun!
Anyway, let's get into the actual episode, the last part of the 4 episodes crossover.
So, since this is, afterall, a Legends episode, obviously we had to have a time travel. This time it was Nate, Mick, Amaya, Felicity and Cisco who went back in time, to Oregon, 1951, to the first Dominator invasion.
They get to capture one of the Dominators but then they end up being all captured by Federal agents.
While in costudy, they learn the reason why the Dominators where on Earth - because they were concerned about metahumans and that they where a threat to the humans.
One of my favourite scenes in this episode happens after this moment, when Felicity and Cisco, being the only ones not captured by the Federal agents, save the rest of the Team, Mick, Nate and Amaya, to what Mick says 'Saved by the Geeks', which I found pretty funny.
Meanwhile in Central City, 2016, the rest of the Team, Supergirl, Ray, Oliver, Firestorm, Diggle, Barry and Sara learn that the Dominators know about Barry's changes in the timeline and that they will give them peace if Barry surrenders to them.
Obviously, Barry is willing to do that, because he's Barry and, obviously, the Team doesn't let him. That's when Oliver gives one of his really inspirational speeches (which I always love, I might say) and Barry changes his mind and decides to join the Team and fight the Dominators. That's also in that moment that Barry and Cisco get their friendship back! That was also one of the higlights of the episode for me. I hated seeing Barry and Cisco like that, mostly the way Cisco was treating Barry, so I was very happy when Cisco said that Barry was his friend and that he wouldn't let him surrender. That was a beautiful scene.
And then, that's when the usual big fight scene happens, again, something that I always love too. Also, obviously, our team wins and the Dominators retreat.
In the very end of the episode we see like a party with everyone celebrating and being friends which I also really liked and that's in that moment when my third favourite scene happens. It was a pretty subtil line that probably not everyone will understand, and that's when Ray, Felicity and Kara are talking and then Kara leaves and Felicity says that it looks like she's looking into a mirror to what Ray says 'She looks a lot like my cousin.'. Get it? Because Brandon Routh once was Superman and Kara/Supergirl is Superman's cousin. I just found that pretty funny. The writes alwasy on point with this lines!
And yeah, in the very end Cisco gives a Kara a device to travel between universes, so she can always go there if she need help or anything (and I guess that's how they are going to do the Music episode, which I'm really excited about), and we see Oliver and Barry hanging out, which I, once again, always love.
Overall, this was an amazing crossover! Seriously, epic! I don't think anyone will ever top this crossover! And, although there was some episodes that I liked more than others, I get why they did what they did with each episode. Arrow one wasn't my favourite, like I said before, but I get it. It's the tone of the series and, besides, it was the 100th Episode, so I get it. (Also, I think that episode gives a clue to who Prometheus might be, but I'll share my theory on other rant).
Anyway, that's it guys. Let me know in the comments what did you think about the crossover and, also, tell me which episode was your favourite, mine was The Flash one.
Until tomorrow with a new TVD rant!
Love,
Daniela.


No comments:

Post a Comment