Pages

Friday, October 19, 2018

Supernatural | Season 14 Episode 2 - "Gods and Monsters"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys!
Today I am here with the new Supernatural rant (the The Flash rant it's coming soon, I promise) and what an episode! 
Thank god I was right about Richard Speight Jr. saving this episode! And he really did! After last episode, my hopes were a little low, but I had faith in Richard and he did an amazing job with this episode. Unlike the previous one, this felt like a Supernatural episode. Everything was a lot more authentic and I loved the interactions between the characters and the whole story made a lot more sense and, overall, it was just so much better than and I truly loved it! Also, I got to watch the episode live (and live tweet) so that's always a plus.
Like I was saying, this episode touched a little bit on everything and we got development for basically all the characters. We saw Jack still struggling with not having powers, we see Jack and Cas have some really nice bonding moments and, overall, Jack was just a cutie this episode, mainly when he goes to visit his grandparents - that was such a sweet part of the episode.
We also get more development from Nick, seeing him still tormented by what Lucifer did using him and he even displays some aggressive and even Lucifer-like behavior, causing Castiel to suspect that Lucifer did more damage than they thought. This is even worse when Nick remembers that his wife and son were murdered and it never got solved, setting him off after revenge. Actually, the last scene that we see with Nick was a really alarming one with him going to his neighbor Arty, the only witness, for answers and then just killing him. I don't really know what to think about this, to be honest, but I kind of miss Lucifer so it's nice to have Mark Pellegrino not playing exactly Lucifer but a character somehow similar to him.
Then, there's the 'major' thing this season - Michael.
We see that he's still in Dean's body and that he has been experimenting on vampires, feeding them angel grace in a way to form some type of enhanced monster.
Michael's experiments draw the attention of Sam, Bobby and Mary who investigate while Michael makes a deal with a pack of werewolves to create this enhanced monsters and wipe out the human race.
Also, turns out Michael created a trap and then this enhanced monsters attack Sam, Mary and Bobby, making them realize that they are immune to silver but not to decapitation. After the fight, Dean suddenly arrives with Michael no longer inside him. Dean explains that Michael left his body on his own, but he doesn't know why.
To be honest, my first thought was that Michael was playing them, but after watching the preview for next episode, I guess this really is Dean and Michael must have a much bigger plan. Also, I don't know how I feel about being really Dean. I mean, I really missed Dean and I much prefer Jensen as Dean then as Michael, but it seemed too easy. I don't know...
Let me know your thoughts and predictions and I'll see you soon with the new The Flash rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment