Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

The Flash | Season 5 Episode 3 - "The Death of Vibe"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
Once again, here I am with a new The Flash rant! This time, I was able to watch the episode live again and that always makes me happy. Also, somehow, it always makes the episode more enjoyable.
I have to say, this episode wasn't anything special. It was okay, and I liked it, but there wasn't anything surprising nor that exciting. Yes, Tom Cavanagh was back with a different Wells but that wasn't enough for me. Plus, this Wells isn't that enjoyable (just like all the other Wells, to be honest, apart from HR) so, I don't know...
There was something else that I quite enjoyed about this episode, which was all the Ralph and Caitlin story-line. Caitlin and Ralph finally go to meet with Caitlin's mom and confront her about her husband's death certificate which she obviously denies she has anything to do with it. But Caitlin and Ralph are smarter and they go check the records and see if they find something else. They do find some stuff, including an old periodic table that Caitlin used do to/play with her father, alongside a letter from her dad confessing committing suicide. It was obvious to me that her mum must have put it in there for them to find. We don't know if that's case, but we do find out in the very end of the episode that Caitlin's dad left an hidden message in her periodic table telling her to go find him so that is huge and I'm really enjoying this story-line. What I'm not enjoying about this is that people are already shipping Ralph and Caitlin and, don't get me wrong, I love both characters, but I just can't see them together. I would be okay with it though, but I'm not rooting for it right now nor I'm shipping it.
Meanwhile all this is happening, the remaining members of Team Flash are dealing with Cicada.
I like that they are jumping straight into it and not wasting time. That's something new and I'm enjoying that.
Anyway so, the new Wells pinpoints Cicada as David Hersch, but is proven to be wrong when Cicada attacks Joe, looking for Cisco/Vibe.
We king of knew this was going to happen because it it the name of the episode, but they actually handled things quite well. 
Cicada does 'catch' Vibe and stabs him, breaking his arms in the process. But then, Nora has a plan (surprisingly). She makes it seem like Cisco died when, in fact, he used a breach machine instead of his hand in a way to escape. 
In the very end of the episode we learn that Cicada is a father, which we already kind of guessed, but that he is also a meta-human, which was surprising to me. We also see that he has a daughter which is in a coma.
I'm getting pretty convinced that this is all revenge because a meta-human must have done something to his daughter. I just don't know because, initially, I thought she was dead, but now we see that she's in a coma so... I'm curious to see why he's targeting metas and what's behind all this stuff. Also, it just occurred to me, what if it was him who did something to his daughter? What if he didn't want to be a meta and because he turned into a meta he injured his daughter and now he's angry with himself so he wants to kill all metas and then kill himself? That's just a thought that occurred to me.
Well, let me know your thoughts and predictions and I'll see you tomorrow with new rants!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment