Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2018

American Horror Story: Apocalypse | Season 8 Episode 5 - "Boy Wonder"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone and here it (finally) is the new AHS rant!
So... What can I say about this episode? It was good. It wasn't like episode 3, but it was better than last episode. I don't know what else to say. For some odd reason I never like 'flashback' episodes as much as the episodes in the present day, but that didn't mean that I didn't like this episode. Actually, it had a lot of nice development of the story-line and it set things up nicely for the next one (which I'm so excited about).
Anyway, let's get into specifics and then I'll talk about predictions and what not.
The episode starts basically where the last one ended. We see some type of vision of a destroyed world and then we see Cordelia waking up. She tells the other witches the vision that she had and then decides that Michael does need to do the Seven Wonders test. Some of the witches don't agree with her decision, one of them being Myrtle.
Then, back in the Coven house, Cordelia let's Myrtle know that she is dying and slowly starting to loose her Supremacy.
Back in the warlocks house, John Henry Moore discovers Langdon's true self and decides that he needs to talk to Cordelia and so leaves. Unfortunately, Mead interferes and ends up killing him.
After that, we move on to the Seven Wonder test, which got me surprised for two different reasons. First, I thought that he wasn't going to do it because she said that it was in two weeks time or something and we saw in the present day in the last episodes that Cordelia was still the Supreme so I thought that he wasn't even going to get that far. And second, I was surprised with how they edited the sequence. It was actually pretty clever and interesting. Quite different actually, and I liked it so, good job on that.
Well, in the very end of the test, that's when things get really interesting. Cordelia asks Langdon to bring Misty from her personal hell and, besides already knowing that Lily Rabe was going to be back, you also know that Michael can, indeed, do that so, you know things are going to work out 'fine'. Which they do.
Misty then tells Cordelia that she senses something evil about Michael and that's when Cordelia let the witches know that she never planned to make Michael the Supreme and that she is actually planning an army against him and that she used him to resurrect her students.
And then, the set up for the next episode. Cordelia asks Madison to investigate Langdon's origins and sends her to the Murder House. And that's how the episode ends. 
I'm so stoked for the next episode! Not only it is going to feature all of my favorite characters (which are all from the Murder House) but it will also be a longer episode with almost an hour, which is great!
Oh, and before I end this rant, I just need to mention two other things. One, we finally saw how Coco came into place of being a witch and everything and, of course, she had to have the dumbest power of all. Two, where was Evan Peters in this episode?! That must have been my only issue with this episode, to be honest. Luckily, we are going to have a lot of Evan Peters in the next one (or at least I hope so).
In terms of predictions, I have to say that I'm starting to doubt my prediction that Murder House is the Sanctuary. I'm starting to believe that there's no Sanctuary and, instead, I believe that Murder House might be the place where the witches are right now. Having Cordelia's vision in mind, if that really happened and Michael destroyed the Coven's house, they had to move somewhere else so I believe that might be the Murder House. Also, I don't know if Mallory has, in fact, someone inside her. I still think Dinah is Queenie and Coco is Zoe but Mallory... I don't know. I also don't like the prediction that everyone is saying - that Mallory is an angel or something. I guess that's too cliche for AHS, in my opinion, so I hope they don't go with that.
Anyway, this are my thoughts and predictions for AHS. Let me know yours and I'll see you soon with a new SPN rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment