Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2018

American Horror Story: Apocalypse | Season 8 Episode 7 - "Traitor"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!
Today I am here with the rant of the new American Horror Story episode. Unfortunately, not my favorite.
I feel like I say this in basically all flashback episodes, and I've explained this already, but I don't enjoy them as much as the 'present day' episodes and this week's episode wasn't exception. I have really mixed feelings towards this episode because I feel like it was necessary. It gave us a lot of information that we needed and that we wanted to know but at the same time I wasn't surprised nor excited about it so I just feel weird.
So, as I said, this episode tied a lot of loose ends, one of them being Dinah Stevens.
Right in the beginning of the episode we learn that Dinah is a voodoo witch (the queen actually) and we see  Cordelia reach out to her in a way to arrange a meeting with Papa Legba in an attempt to prevent Langdon's plans.This brought back another cool character from Coven and, actually, it brought a big surprise - Nan. It was really unexpected and this must have been my favorite part of this episode because, although I wasn't that attached to Nan, it was a nice touch and something that barely anyone was expecting so... I liked it.
Anyway, after revealing that he owns Nan's soul, Papa Legba agrees to help entrap Langdon under the condition of Cordelia giving him the souls of the remaining girls. Of course Cordelia refuses and Papa Legba just disappears with Nan.
Meanwhile this is happening, we see the return of another character, but this time, a much recent one.
In order to learn more about the warlocks and their plans, Madison enlists the help of Myrtle's long time friend, Bubble McGee, an witch-actress who has the ability to read minds.
At a dinner party help by Myrtle, Bubbles discovers that Ariel and Baldwin know about the death of John Henry and that they are planning to kill all the witches.
Back in the Coven's house, we see Coco developing her powers (not much though) and, suddenly, she chokes and dies. That's when we get deeper into Mallory's powers and we see her taking the piece of cake out of Coco's throat and just bringing her to life (sort of). After learning this, Zoe tells Cordelia and even confides that she thinks it's not Michal who's making Cordelia weak, but Mallory, who might actually be the next Supreme.
I can't say this was surprising, because I saw a lot of people predicting that, but I do prefer this idea over Mallory being an angel so I hope they stick to this. There's still the possibility of her actually be an angel, mostly because of what Zoe said about never seeing a power and a spell that could do that, but I hope they stick with her just being a really powerful witch.
Then, we see another of those little montages of the Seven Wonders, now Mallory being the tested one, to which she passes after successfully resurrecting John Henry, which wasn't a big surprise to me because I predicted that he was coming back. Mainly because he's a main character this season but yeah.
Then, in the very end of the episode, the coven capture Ariel, Baldwin and Mead, and burn them at the stake. And that's how the episode ended.
And, before I end this rant, I just wanted to add a few things. First, I need to mention that we also saw how Myrtle came back to life, which was a nice touch that some people where wondering so, nice. Not so nice was the fact that neither Even Peters not Cody Fern were in the episode, and I'm not okay with it. Just wanted to point that out. Okay, rant over.
I don't really have many predictions for next episode. Just that I think there's still going to be one more episode with flashbacks and not just this one as I predicted last week. There's still a few things for us to understand, mainly how the apocalypse actually happened, so I feel like next episode is going to be that. Maybe they'll intertwine with some 'present day' stuff but, I don't know. Let me know what you think and I'll talk to you tomorrow!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment