Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Arrow | Season 7 Episode 3 - "Crossing Lines"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys!
I come to you quite late with this rant, mainly having in mind that I did watch this episode live. But the thing is, like it happened in the first episode of the season (I think), I had to watch the episode again because my stream kept freezing and I missed quite a lot of parts of the episode - parts that were really important - and I didn't understand the story-line.
In this second watch I understood and I enjoyed the episode a lot more than the first, even though I still think some parts were odd and unnecessary.
My favorite part this episode was the whole prison thing with Oliver, where Oliver demands Brick to honor their 'deal', to which Brick tells him there's someone named 'The Demon' in the prison and it's that person that has contact with Diaz.
This sends him on a spiral of events, following clues and people, which I actually enjoyed.
We found out that now that the other guard was out, the inmates created like a fight-club and, in the end, Brick made Oliver fight in it, which was pretty cool, having in mind that he went against Sampson who is played by Cody Rhodes who's from the WWE and actually fought with Stephen Amell. It's a long story but it's kind of cool to see this on the show. Anyway, Oliver gets tired of Brick's games and that's when Brick reveals that the Demon is incarcerated on Level 2, prompting Oliver to attack the guards in a way to get sent to Level 2.
This is an interesting plot and I'm actually curious to see not only what is it like in Level 2, but also to find out who this Demon guy is. Also, I love Oliver's new 'sidekick' but something tells me that there's more to him. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love a helpless guy that needs protection but... I have a feeling that he's not who looks like.
So, meanwhile, outside of prison, Felicity plans a trap for Diaz and the Longbow Hunters at the CDC along with Rene and Dinah.
I also liked this story-line because one, I loved to see basically all of them working together again, and two, I love seeing Felicity being a badass! More than usual, I mean. Of course, this being Arrow, and only episode 3, they didn't catch Diaz (which is really annoying me, I'm tired of him) but they did catch Silencer, one of the Longbow Hunters, so I'm curious to see where this leads to.
And, to finish this rant, the weirdest story-line of this episode - Diggle discovers that Lila has been keeping secrets from him about some type of mission or something.
I don't know where this is going and I'm actually pretty confused by it. I'm not really that interested right now, to be honest, but let's see.
Okay guys, this are my thoughts on the latest Arrow episode.
So far, this season isn't really surprising me. I think right now The Flash is better but, you never know, things might change.
Let me know your thoughts and predictions and I'll see you tomorrow with a new The Flash rant (which I watched live today).
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment