Pages

Friday, October 19, 2018

American Horror Story: Apocalypse | Season 8 Episode 6 - "Return to Murder House"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
The wait is over! The long awaited Murder House episode is here and it did not disappoint!
I have to say, I had really big expectations about this episode! Murder House is one of my favorite seasons and I'm that basic girl who loves Tate and Violet so, I just couldn't wait for this. Well, I can't say it exceeded my expectations, because it didn't, but it did not disappoint either. The episode was exactly what I was expecting. Yes, there was some stuff that I would never guess, just like the Moira part of the story, but like the Tate and Violet stuff, as well as the Tate and Michael 'encounter', I knew those things were going to happen.
Anyway, the episode starts with Madison and Behold buying the Murder House, just like some people predicted. Right away they felt something odd about the place. Then, they moved to cast a spell in order to make the spirits of the house show themselves. The first thing that they see is Tate and Ben talking, and Tate asking Ben for him to talk to Violet in a way to make her talk to him (Tate). After them, they encounter Constance, who agrees to talk to them if they banish Moira's ghost from the house, permanently. This, as I guess, must have been one of people's favorite thing, seeing Jessica Lange back. I myself couldn't really care that much. Her characters never were my favorites. Although, I did understand that she was going to be major for this episode and for this story so, I guess I was happy to see her back.
So, Madison and Behold do as Constance asked and set Moira free. Constance then starts telling them her story with Michael.
She says that she sensed something evil about him from the very beginning. In his youth, he began killing animals and then moved to his babysitter, just like we saw in the end of Murder House. In that moment, she thought she was raising a serial killer. But then, Michael ages ten years overnight, and so Constance asks for a priest's help, who then Michael ends up killing. It's in that moment that Constance realizes that sooner or later she's going to die on the hands of Michael, so she decides to go to the Murder House and kill herself there, where she then is reunited with her children, Tate, Beauregard and a little girl with no eyes.
After talking to Constance, Madison and Behold then go to talk to Ben, who tells them about all the times that he spent with Michael, treating him like his own son. This was something pretty sweet, actually. And I really liked to see a vulnerable side from Michael. You know, I'm a sucker for bad guys who are vulnerable and Michael is no exception. You could see in those moments that he's not actually evil, but that he became evil overtime and with what happened next.
It's then Vivien who tells Madison and Behold that a cult appeared in the house, looking for Michael. One of the members being Ms. Mead. They then to some type of satanic spell or something and that's when we see Michael turn to the dark side.
In the end, Vivien tells them that Michael's father is neither Ben nor Tate, but the evil of Murder House. 
And, in the very end, before leaving, Madison reunited Tate and Violet, which was, to be honest, the reason why most people were excited for this episode.
Before I end, I also need to mention that Sarah Paulson was the one to direct this episode and I quite liked what she did with the episode. It wasn't anything 'amazing' but it had the American Horror Story feel that I like so, good job.
I don't really have much predictions for next episode, to be honest. I do think that the next one is still going to be a 'flashback' and just after that we are going to go back to present time and really fight Michael. In the next episode we are probably going to find out more about the whole Mallory, Coco and Dinah stuff so, I'm curious about that. And, just a side note, I take back what I said in my last rant. I still think Murder House is the Sanctuary. This episode kind of made me make 'sure' of it because they did perform that satanic ritual or something in there so... Maybe it is the Sanctuary?! I don't know, but I'm going to keep that predictions.
Okay, I guess this is it. Let me know what you thought of this so awaited episode and which are your predictions for the next ones. We are nearly in the end so, how do you guys think this is all going to end? Personally, I hope Michael wins, but that's just me.
I'll see you tomorrow with new rants!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment