Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Shadowhunters | Season 3 Episode 1 - "On Infernal Ground"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
Shadowhunters is finally back and, as always, I'm here to talk about it.
I'm always pretty critical when it comes to Shadowhunters so expect something a bit harsh because yes, this wasn't my favourite episode and I'm going to tell you why.
First of all, the episode started right away badly. Not only it started with Clary's 'lie' but also it started with that dreadful background. I don't know what it is about Shadowhunters but their background, when it's done with green screen, it's always bad. I'm sorry but it's true. You can clearly see that it's done with a green screen and that's never a good thing and, because I'm an audiovisual student, I always notice things like that so... Yeah, one thing that I didn't like.
I also didn't like the fact that they showed too many 'storylines'. I mean, I get it. They wanted to show every main character in this first episode but there was some storylines that weren't that relevant and that they didn't really show much and they could've used that time to show a bit more of the main storylines. Like for example, they showed a tiny bit of that Raphael storyline, that I didn't really understand and they could've use that time to show us a little bit more of Lilith and her intentions. I know the people that read the books know everything but me, being one of those that didn't, would like to know a little bit more about her. I also know that it's all part of the suspense and everything so, in a way, I get it. I'm just saying that they couldv'e cut out some of the others storylines.
But, because it wasn't all bad, I need to mention my favourite parts of the episode.
You all are probably expecting me to say that it was Will Tudor aka Sebastian and, althought I did like to see him back, because I thought we were only going to see him again in the second part of this season, it wasn't my favourite part (it was my second favourite). My favourite part was the whole Jace storyline. I loved his bad dreams and all that and I actually really liked Dominic's acting, which is something I think I've never mentioned before. Obviously I also like the Lilith storyline and, surprisingly, I also liked the whole thing with Clary and her weapons and everything. I also think that Kat McNamara improved her acting so, that's good!
And, just to finish of this rant, I'd like to mention that I just think they should've ended the Ollie storyline. I think that's another problem that they (the characters) don't need and, overall, it's just a bit boring. Unless she's hiding something else (maybe she's the reason why Jordan, Maia's ex.boyfriend, comes back) I don't see why she's still around. Luke should've just let the demon kill her.
Anyway, this are my thoughts on the first episode of season 3. Let me know yours and I'll see you, probably just next week, with a new rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment