Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2016

The Vampire Diaries | Season 7 Episode 13 - "This Woman's Work"


Spoiler Alert!

Here I am, up and early (well, kind of) with a brand new TVD rant.
I think I should start by saying that this episode wasn't as exciting as the previous one but still, was a good episode.
This episode was basically all about Rayna Cruz. We got see more of her past in some flashbacks, and how she became an huntress. Well, turns out the producers are recycling again and they brought up the brotherhood of the five again.
The truth is, I don't remember much of that anymore, I just remember that when they came up with that storyline, it wa extremely boring and after a few episodes I was already tired of it. I don't know how they're going to 'play' with this 'new' storyline now, but I just hope it won't be as boring as the previous one.
Also, another big point of the episode were 'Caroline's babies'. Has we saw in the last episode, things weren't going great for Caroline, as the babies were siphoning her vampire magic. So, in this episode, they try to get the babies out. It turns out, they don't want to come out because they're enjoying all the magic that Caroline is 'giving' them. So, to make them 'want' to come out, Stefan asks for Valerie and the other heretics help so there's also magic in the 'outside' and the babies would be drawn to that.
Everything ends up well in the end (at least, in terms of the babies and Caroline), and that was one of the most beautiful moments in the episode, seeing Alaric with the babies was so cute! 
Meanwhile, back to Rayna Cruz... 
Enzo kind of blackmails Damon to give him Rayna Cruz's sword, with the whole 'You killed Elena story.'.
In the end, we learn that Enzo was 'played' by Rayna and he was in fact tied to a chair (with vervain ropes, of course). Something that I found quite funny was that Enzo stayed in that chair for the whole episode! While a lot more stuff happened, he was there... Until, eventually, in the very end of the episode, Damon comes to him and that's when Enzo tells him that he didn't kill Elena. That he teamed up with Tyler (which I found quite odd) and they showed him an empty coffin.
So, it looks like everything was fine in the end... Well, wrong!
It turns out that, before that last Enzo and Damon scene, Rayna got the sword and went after the heretics, which were all in the hospital helping Caroline. They end up leaving her, remaining just Valerie with her, but it doesn't work out anyways. Rayna ends up killing Bo, and heads up, after that, to the hospital, and that's when Damon arrives there and tries to stop her. Obviously, he can't, and that's when Stefan comes to his rescue and, as you may have already guess, that's when things go wrong.
The sword gets to Stefan and, even though it doesn't kill him (or puts him back in that stone) he's marked and that means that Rayna will go after him so... He has to run away, living Caroline.
And that's basically it. The only good thing about all of this is that next week will be crossover episode!
I'm seriously so excited about that! And also, that means that there will be a special The Originals' rant here next week, which is also very exciting to me!
And guys, I know this isn't a The Originals' rant but... Can I just say... How cute was Kolvina last night! Right?! I ship them so hard and I can't wait to see them actually together! And Nate Buzzolic?! On point!
Ok, I'm going to stop now because this is a TVD rant and not a The Originals' one. But... I just needed to get this out of my chest, hope you don't mind.
Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed the rant and let me know your thoughts in the comments below! Also, tell me if you're as excited as I am for the crossover episode because I am so damn excited!
Love,
Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment