Pages

Thursday, February 15, 2024

The Challenge | Season 39 Episode 18 - "The Beginning Of The End"


Spoiler Alert!

Hey everyone!

This is the second to last episode of the season (excluding the Reunion) and we've started the final! However, this final played slightly in a different way. Following the structure of the season, this final was divided into Control, Chaos and Conquest, and in this first episode we saw the Control part and most of Chaos. And, also following this format, in between sections, we have eliminations and this is where this episode reached it's peak! It happened pretty early in the episode, I must say, but after the Control portion, where they had to all work together to complete this challenge otherwise they would loose more money - which ended up happening - they had to pick someone to go into elimination and, because Corey was the one who basically made them loose the money, they chose Corey. But then, Corey had to pick someone to go against and he picked Jay and, needless to say, things finally worked out and Jay was finally sent home!

I can't believe I'm happy Jay went home. I started this season with Jay being one of the few that I liked and ended with me being so mad at him and just hoping he would go home - which finally happened in this episode. I don't particularly like Corey either (I don't like any of the remaining players beside Nurys) but between them I just wanted Jay to get what he deserved after being awful all season.

Anyway, so Jay went home and after that Chaos started.

In this portion of the final they would be paired and they would have five stations and not only they would have to do the 'challenge' in each station but also run to that station. It was actually pretty thrilling and also impressive! I was really surprised with a few of the contests, more specifically Emanuel, he finished first in all stations apart from the last one, and I also really liked the dynamic between Nurys and Corey in the first station. After that Nurys kept finishing second or third and only the last one she finished first. Nurys really is the only one that I care about but, unfortunately, it's not looking that great for her.

Emanuel ended up having the best time and because of that not only he was the only one safe from the next elimination but he would also pick who's going into elimination. From the preview and because of everything that happened during the season, I'm 90% sure he will pick Nurys and I also predict that Nurys will pick Moriah to go against. The preview for the next episode did give away a lot because we see not only Emanuel but also Corey, Colleen and Berna doing challenges that they didn't do in this episode so either Moriah and Nurys go against each other or one of them goes against a Champ, which would be cool, to be honest. But my money is on Nurys going against Moriah and I don't know if it's just me wishing this would happen but I have faith that Nurys will pull it off. I trully want her to win! But regardless, she's already the queen of this season!

And I guess that's it from me for this episode. All in all, it was a great episode and even though I don't particularly want any of them to win (besides Nurys) it was really thrilling to see them compete and for the first time I have no idea who's going to win the whole thing. It's been looking like Emanuel might be the one but I can't say it for sure because Nurys and Corey are looking really strong as well (also Moriah, to be honest). So, let the best man/woman win (but truly, I hope it's Nurys).

Don't forget to let me know your thoughts and predictions for the Season Finale and I'll talk to you then!

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment