Pages

Monday, February 8, 2016

The Vampire Diaries | Season 7 Episode 11 - "Things We Lost in the Fire"


Spoiler Alert!

I'm sorry I'm a little bit late with this TVD rant but, as you know, I now watch the episodes live and then I was busy on the weekend so I couldn't update. But I'm here today with the rant and, I think I should start this rant saying that, honestly, I was expecting more about this episode. 
I thought this was going to be a really powerfull episode but, apart from what happened in the end, it was kind of boring. Please, tell me I wasn't the only one that felt that, because everyone that was live tweeting during the episode seemed to really enjoy it... In my opinion, The Originals has been so much more exciting but well, this is a TVD rant and not a TO one so, let's go one with TVD...
Of course the Mystic Falls gang didn't die, it was obvious that they wouldn't die. So, after seeing what he did, Damon fed Bonnie and Matt with his blood and that was when Caroline striked and got Damon unconscious. They lock Damon so he can come back to his senses withouth killing anyone.
And then that's when we see some parts of Stefan's hell. 
One of the good parts of the episode was knowing more about how was Stefan's hell, because in the previous episode we saw a lot of Damon's hell but we barely knew anything about Stefan's, so it was nice to know more about it, even thought we already what it was about.
Anyways, back to present, Damon tell Stefan that he's fine and that Stefan can unchain him. After a while, Stefan finally does that and take Damon to the town. That's when we find out that Julian took over the town. To be honest, I think that storyline is getting really boring. I know that this is necessary for what comes next, which we find out about later in the episode. 
Turns out that whoever is after the Salvatore Brothers in the flashforwards is someone called 'The Huntress', which means, a woman.
We still don't know who that woman is, and that's probably the only thing exciting right now, the curiosity to find out who that woman is and what she wants, because the whole heretics storyline is getting pretty boring, at least, in my opinion.
Something else really exciting about this episode is that Tyler was back! And not just in flashforwards, in real time. That was one of the good things about the episode. I kind of missed Tyler, even thought he wasn't really one of my favourites.
We also see a little more of Caroline's pregnancy and her relationship with Alaric. I'm really curious how are they gonna end up together so, that's something else to look forward to.
Also, I kind of missed Enzo. He wasn't in either this last two episodes so... Hopefully he will be in the next one.
Back to Damon, it turns out that he isn't fine at all, and neither is Stefan, who thought he already got over the effects from the Phoenix Stone. We later find out that, in order to get over those effects, Damon has to let go of Elena and Stefan has to let go of Damon.
Something that happened in this episode and that I wasn't excepting at all, was Matt getting arrested and, after that, kind of bonding with the lady cop.
We also find out later, in the flashforwards that something changed in Matt and I didn't like that change!
To keep going with the Damon crazyness, he forces Tyler to take him to Elena, thinking that he would feel better. Turns out, he hallucinates again and ends up burning Elena's body! That was like the big thing happening in that episode. Seriously, I was so shocked when I saw that!
In the end, the episode had some big things happening, such as finally knowing about The Huntress and having Tyler back, at least, for this episode, but it wasn't enough for me. Hopefully the next one will have more 'action'.
Please, tell me I wasn't the only one that felt that way and share with me your opinions about this episode.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment