Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2021

The Flash | Season 7 Episode 18 - "Heart of the Matter, Part 2"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello everybody!

I know, I know... I'm super late with this one, once again, and I'm sure you're tired of hearing me saying that life has been crazy but... it really has! So I'm sorry I took way too long with this rant but, because this was the season finale, I figured it didn't really matter that much when I posted it so... I hope you're still interested in what I have to say which... It's not a lot (nor it's that good).

To be completely honest, I don't really remember what happened in that last episode and that means one thing - the episode wasn't great, which it wasn't. I had high hopes for it but it ended up being pretty meh and kind of forgettable (clearly).

The whole thing that interested me about this episode was the whole Godspeed thing with Barry in his mind, and that  was sort of interesting. However, it ended way too quickly and the remaining of the episode was pretty boring. Godspeed said that he wanted organic speed and of course Barry said no and got back to the real world and tried to fight the Godspeed drones. This time he had help from the speed-force who gave Iris and Bart their speed powers and so it was all the speedsters against all those Godspeeds. It was an interesting battle with interesting camera work, but it ended up being way too cheesy, in my opinion. Also, their plan don't really work and then it's Allegra that appears to save the day which, once again, way too cheesy. 

Without any other alternative, Barry gives August what he wants and, of course, he turns bad. The only surprising thing about this episode really was Thawne. That's right, Thawne was back in this episode, to help Barry defeat August Heart which, they do, but of course he tries to turn on Barry but it backfires because, turns out, Barry is now faster than Thawne so that created a possible story-line for future seasons (even though Tom Cavanagh is out of the show...).

Another kind of surprising thing was the fact that Kramer is actually a meta-human that can mimic others' powers. There's not much else to this, to be honest, and in the end she just leaves, having a new perspective on law enforcement. 

And then the episode ends with Iris and Barry renewing their vows in another super fake scene. You know where I stand on that so I won't talk about it again.

All in all, it was a disappointing episode, a disappointing season finale and a disappointing season overall. Let's hope they can work around all the things that went wrong this season and make a better season 8.

I know it's super late but if you've reached this point, let me know what you thought of the season finale, as well as the season overall, and I'll see you pretty soon with The Challenge because yes, The Challenge is back next month and I can't wait!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment