Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2021

The Challenge: Spies, Lies and Allies | Season 37 Episode 1 - "The List"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello people!

Here we are with a brand new season of The Challenge and, I gotta say - I'm so stoked about this season! I mean, I feel like I always say this with every new season but yeah... Here I am again, excited about a new season!

To be fair, they did change some things and added a lot of new people so that's always exciting! So, let's talk about the stuff that they switched up this season, starting off with the cast.

This season's cast is half Americans and half people from around the world, which is so interesting. Then, the teams are of two, one American and one "outsider". When it comes to the nominations and whatnot, there's a winning team who picks one team to go into elimination and then the remaining of the house picks the other team (but in reverse, it's the house that picks first). And, actually, the team that wins the challenge - The Agency - picks not a team but individual players, which was a nice twist. And, another twist is that both people go into elimination (there's no guy or girl elimination) and then, the winning team can change partners - out of everyone (apart from The Agency - of course).

Okay, now that I've set the basis of this season, let's talk about specifics.

As I said, there's a ton of new people so I can't get into everyone that is part of this season, but I'm gonna say that there's a lot of rookies and a lot of people from Survivor, which created huge drama already! And everything because of a List that someone may or may not have made. To be honest, in my opinion, Emy just wanted to create drama and be safe. She heard that the vets were targeting Survivor people, she's from Survivor, so she decided to turn on other people from Survivor and "infiltrate" the vets. Plus, she really looks like someone that likes to create chaos so, right away, I don't like her.

It's actually amazing the number of people in this season that I don't like, which kind of makes it easy for me to be rooting for some specific people - CT, Big T, Kyle and, believe it or not, Devin. I did like some of the rookies - Emmanuel, Michele and Logan, but we'll see...

Something that really caught me off guard were the romances this season. Not only there's already people flirting with each other - Tori and Kelz, Michele and Emmanuel - but also some people are sort of on a relationship with each other - Nany and Kaycee, Nelson and Ashley, Fessy and Amanda. Ugh...

And yeah, so in this first episode Aneesa and Logan were The Agency, which was nice, Michaela and Renan were the house vote, and The Agency voted in Cory L and Michele. The Elimination ended up being a bit confusing (not the actual game, but how they came up with the winner) but Michele and Cory L won and both of them decided to infiltrate - Michele picked Devin, which was an interesting choice but that I'm excited to see what comes out of this team, and Cory L picked Tori. 

On another news, Nam had to leave the game, don't really know why but it's speculated that he had Covid... So, because of that they brought in Ed who, to be honest, I don't know who he is, but he looks fun so... Let's see what he brings. And, because he was supposed to be Michele's partner and she switched, Ed ended up paired with Emy, and Kelz was paired with Tracy. And that's it for this episode!

Overall it was a really exciting episode and it looks like it's going to be a fun season but it's too early to tell. There's a lot of rumors around it so we just gotta wait and see. In the meantime, let me know what you thought of this first episode, who are your favorite players/teams and I'll talk to you next week!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment