Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2021

American Horror Story: Double Feature | Season 10 Episode 2 - "Pale"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello!

So this season of AHS looks promising! I don't want to jinx it (we know how Ryan Murphy is with his endings) but so far so good!

This second episode did give us a lot more information on the whole "vampire" thing and, I gotta say, I'm happy with what they got here.

The meaning behind everything is amazing and, for once, I feel like Ryan Murphy really thought out this season. The whole thing with this being about a pill and not like a condition that you can't turn away from, right away, is interesting. But then there's the whole metaphor about artists! Because, in this world, you "become a vampire" through taking this black pill but the catch is - it only works if you're talented! And that is why there's this pale "monsters" going around - they are the ones that took the pill but weren't talented, so they will never satisfy their hunger and won't be able to "live a normal life".

As I said, it's an interesting take on vampires and one that talks about how artists "suck the life out of other people" in order to make their art, as well as the fact that they are never satisfied with their greatness. They always want more and thrive to be better and create better art.

I also loved the fact that they had a "logic" explanation to why you crave blood when you take this black pill - it's because of the lack of certain vitamins and minerals, which you now need on large amounts - amounts only available in "real blood".

Anyway... Now that I've talked about the meaning behind everything, let's talk about the actual events of the episode.

As expected, Harry got the urge to write and so they decided to stay for a bit longer. I haven't realized but apparently this episode took place during a whole week?! I don't know, but they say something about being there for a week so... That was unexpected! But while they were there and Harry was writing non-stop, he started craving blood, and that's when we get that whole explanation about how the pill was created and whatnot from Austin.

Austin and Belle also showed the whole "operation" to Harry, on how to get blood, as well as the procedure he had to get on his teeth in order to "feed" better - and that's when we are introduced to Billie Lourd's character.

Of course the whole thing with Alma had to come back into play and after struggling a lot with her violin, she decides to take Harry's pill and... Exactly... She goes out to eat and that's how the episode end - with her eating some type of animal.

There's nothing really groundbreaking so far, but I did like the take that they decided to take on the whole vampires thing and I'm curious to see where this leads because... I already have some predictions!

As far as this first part goes, I'm pretty sure something is going to happen to that baby! Either something happens to him when he's born or, which I think is the more likely thing to happen, Doris takes the pill and, instead of doing something to her, it messes with the baby and something like the first season happens, with the baby eating her from inside out.

When it comes to the connection to the second part, I'm certain they are connected! Mainly because I've looked up and Angelic Ross' character is called "The Chemist" and she's in both parts (her and her character), which leads me to believe that the second part is how they created the drug (aka a prequel) and it's the aliens that created the pill (or it comes from their blood).

Okay, these are my predictions as of now. Let me know if and what are your predictions, as well as your feelings towards this season so far and I'll talk to you next week!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment